• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

something impossibly sweet & sad at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
We feed some feral cats by the 24 hour laundromat..we have been going there for years..We just wash the clothes & hang them up on drying racks or outside to save money..a couple of months ago we were quite upset because the main cat we fed had disappeared..we didn't see her for over a month tho we kept putting the food down..(we go twice a week but other people in that area are feeding them too)..well we noticed the cat was bad with three little kittens..made us incredibly sad as the cycle is continuing...very cute little guys but sad..this morning Dub came running into the laundromat and said that a baby skunk was eating with the three kittens & the mother..I would never have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes...The mother cat with the kittens was there and in between the bunch was a baby skunk, munching away..so sweet, and sad at the same time...

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
It is sad :(
But sweet to see how they are making the best of their surroundings, and apparently making new friends :)

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:(:heart::( So sad and so adorable at the same time! <sigh>

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is there any feral spay and neuter programs near you?I know there are several here in florida.Makes me sad to see so many ferals.It's good you help out by feeding them.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
there is one in a nearby city and they won't come for these ones..we have been trying for four years...the people in the industrial area around feed them as well...so very sad tho..makes me so sad...just wonder what that little skunk was doing with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.