• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some Sort of Hawk Head Gesture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Well, I am not sure how to describe this but Chester does this position that I am not sure what it is unless it is something sexual. He will get like on the side of the cage and then go into verticle position with head pointed downward and tail upward and then he takes one foot and shakes or flicks it quickly and his foot is more closer to his rear end and this happens for only about 10 seconds then he moves on.

Chester is 10 and even after having him when he was only 4 years old at the time, he did that as well. I don't know if it is something sexual or not. I can never capture it on video because it happens so quickly and it's over and he does not do it real often from what I see of, maybe 2 or 3 times a month just from the times I see him doing this.

Just curious if any of you others with HH's see this with yours.

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have never seen ours do an action like that, but then since ours are together they chase each other around the cage when they become hormonal. :lol: so far!:)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I havent seen anything like that yet, but my pal is only 2.5 years old. Maybe its something to look forward to :hehe:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Cochise does something I have seen no other bird do. He does it to me only. He takes his wings and flits them out and back against his body very fast, and moves his body back and forth fast also. I think it is a sexual thing for him too.:p

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Cochise does something I have seen no other bird do. He does it to me only. He takes his wings and flits them out and back against his body very fast, and moves his body back and forth fast also. I think it is a sexual thing for him too.:p
Well now...I am wondering how long this sexual ritual thing is going to last?:o: Cochise has been very...ahem..hormonal lately. The entire ritual is quite amusing, including wild sounds and heavy breathing.:D I ask him each time, are you through now? Laugh at him and scrape him off my shoulder, hand, whatever..lol. Just wondering if any of you are going through this, have gone through it, or how long it should last?:lol:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cashew is only 3 but his seemed to only last a few weeks. He is over it (I think) for now. Talk about some bizarre behaviors :lol:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
The sounds he makes are wild. I really really have to work on Troy to let up off his idea that if I get a camera with audio video, it has to be something expensive!:rolleyes: That means it will take forever to get it, and I have heard some of the cheap ones do just fine for what I want it for. Not trying to win any contests here...just want to share with my friends the crazy antics of my birds from Gryphon and his coo- coo calling,Kismet's beautiful serenade, Cochise's banshee call, to Holly chasing ants and being a monkey bird!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.