• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some pics from the winter..;)

Cassiopejaz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
The spring has arrived...but have some winter pics to show ya :)

20180306_134400.jpg 20180306_134812.jpg 20180306_134823.jpg 20180306_134945.jpg 20180306_134949(0).jpg 20180306_134955.jpg 20180306_135420.jpg 20180306_140034.jpg 20180306_135429.jpg 20180414_140643.jpg 20180414_140619.jpg
These pics was taken a few weeks ago in Ystad...and u see a bird named Waxwing (Bombycilla Garrulus) lovely bird ;)

And also need to show some signs of spring :D

20180407_135859.jpg 20180407_135955.jpg

Here i am taking a walk with my client to Svarte from Ystad...lovely weather..and warm..;)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
It looks so pretty! That bird is gorgeous!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
How cold does it get?

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
How cold does it get?
I live in the south Sweden so its alot warmer than north, but a cold day could be -10°c or even -15°c thats very rare tho but it happens
I rememberd when i worked at Flen 2007 that winter was cold...coldest day was -25°c and the average temperature was -21°c.

Up north the temp can drop below -35°c and some cases -40°

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Beautiful!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I live in the south Sweden so its alot warmer than north, but a cold day could be -10°c or even -15°c thats very rare tho but it happens
I rememberd when i worked at Flen 2007 that winter was cold...coldest day was -25°c and the average temperature was -21°c.

Up north the temp can drop below -35°c and some cases -40°
Nice photos - is that by the sea or a lake?

You'd better bring a jacket with you when you come to Chicago. The weather here doesn't know what it is going to be when it grows up. Last weekend it was nice and sunny, then we woke up to 1-2 inches of snow by Monday morning and it snowed lightly off and on all day. Right now it's raining cats and dogs to the point where there are already large puddles and some of our neighbours' garden are flooded. The t.v. said that the temps will be dropping so to watch out for freezing rain or sleet. I think Minnesota is getting snow.

Chicago, IL 10-Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

Weather | WGN-TV

I just checked outside and it is beginning to feel colder. You know the day won't be good when it gets darker instead of lighter.

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel

You'd better bring a jacket with you when you come to Chicago. The weather here doesn't know what it is going to be when it grows up. Last weekend it was nice and sunny, then we woke up to 1-2 inches of snow by Monday morning and it snowed lightly off and on all day. Right now it's raining cats and dogs to the point where there are already large puddles and some of our neighbours' garden are flooded. The t.v. said that the temps will be dropping so to watch out for freezing rain or sleet. I think Minnesota is getting snow.

Weather | WGN-TV

I just checked outside and it is beginning to feel colder. You know the day won't be good when it gets darker instead of lighter.
Thanks, Its the Baltic sea u see in the pics :)

Sounds like winter doesnt wanna go away..
Then i will pack a extra jacket, already packed most of what i need..i hope hehe
Was at the store yesterday to buy some items for the flight and upgraded my seat on the flight from Helsinki to Chicago to economy Comfort for some extra leg space

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Here its raining...and im soon gonna go out on my sunday walk..:)

But summer weather is about to arrive next week with temps around 20°c

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I'm watching the precipitation on my deck and some of it is bouncing, some of it seems to be slushy snow and it looks like we still have some rain mixed in too. I'm glad we ran our errands and did our shopping yesterday so we don't have to go anywhere and can wander around the house in pj's since the young 'uns visited yesterday around dinner time ....

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey

Weather | WGN-TV

Definitely bring a jacket lol.

I live about 3 hours from Chicago in Iowa, and it is the same here. It was very warm and sunny on Thursday, temps up to 70℉ (21℃) and now it is cold and snowing! Around here we joke that Iowa has no spring, and instead 11 winters. :lol:

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Hope the weather is more stable when i come..or i need to take next weeks weather with me :D

Started to rain now when i was out walking...but the temp is atm 9°c at night, so not so cold :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
OMG Chris, I hate to say it but I do not miss living in MN. That's where I learned to drive in snow and ice (not). Had my first encounter with black ice driving from Plymouth down 494 to Hopkins, spun out on Route 7 and a very nice young man stopped, put flashers on, waved traffic away and came over and made sure I was OK. I was ok but literally shaking ...