• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some Mabel Severe macaw preening photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Her feathers are looking much nicer than ever before. I figure it will take another 6-8 months before the ratty and blemished ones completely fall out. Here she is after a feather drenching shower.

October 12/2011 will be one year since being welcomed into my home and she has proven to be an incredibly wonderful companion parrot.:) Can't say enough nice things about her. Still really don't know why there are so few severe macaw owners on this forum.

Attachments

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
What a stunning Mabel! :swoon: I still remember the day I saw the post that you brought her home! :D What a lucky girl to have won your heart, and I love reading stories of your flock Saemma, such beautiful lady birds. :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a stunning Mabel! :swoon: I still remember the day I saw the post that you brought her home! :D What a lucky girl to have won your heart, and I love reading stories of your flock Saemma, such beautiful lady birds. :)

Thanks Stephanie.:hug8:Hope Olivia and Emmet are doing fabulously!:heart:
Beautiful pictures:hug8: Mabel is so cute:hug8::hug8::hug8:
Thank you Magni!:hug8:I look forward to seeing photos of your little Rfm soon.

Very pretty Mabel :heart: Where you been hiding Saemma?

Thanks TMS!:hug8:Just busy with real life stuff. :D You know Corkey is one of my favourite greys? I especially LOVE the video where her removes food from his bowl with just a few passionate swoops.:heart: Love his character and glad I'm not his slave!:p
Such a purdy girl:heart::heart: aren't you glad you took the chance.
Thanks Jadie!:hug8: How's your Charlie? :heart:

For the most part I am pretty glad about Mabel. I would have never known how remarkable severe macaws can be.:heart:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gorgeous girlie :) :heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
She is beautiful!

Matt

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Mabel is thriving in your care; she's just gorgeous!

TITANIS

She's very stunning!! Great photo shoot. I love the first pic most of all. It truly captures the highly expressive Severe face. :heart:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks TMS!:hug8:Just busy with real life stuff. :D You know Corkey is one of my favourite greys? I especially LOVE the video where her removes food from his bowl with just a few passionate swoops.:heart: Love his character and glad I'm not his slave!:p
I hate when real life interferes with my fun time(AA) :D Corkey said thanks. I love that video too, especially since he is also telling the offending food "Out, Out Now!!!"
His character is what makes being his slave so easy and fun :D:heart:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's just so beautiful,I just love her and Severe's in general. :heart:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Such a beautiful and very happy girl. :heart:

I am not sure if we can get Severe’s in Australia, but if I ever got a smaller Macaw it would be between a Hahn’s or Severe. :D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's very stunning!! Great photo shoot. I love the first pic most of all. It truly captures the highly expressive Severe face. :heart:
I agree that being so facially expressive is one of her most endearing qualities. :heart: Sometimes it is hard not to be so stern towards her.:p

She's just so beautiful,I just love her and Severe's in general. :heart:
Thank you April.:heart:
Such a beautiful and very happy girl. :heart:

I am not sure if we can get Severe’s in Australia, but if I ever got a smaller Macaw it would be between a Hahn’s or Severe. :D
Well, if you ever decided to get a severe, you'll be getting ALOT of Macaw in a small package.

TITANIS

For the most part I am pretty glad about Mabel. I would have never known how remarkable severe macaws can be.:heart:
They are remarkable in their own way. I guess one of the down sides must be their vocalizations?

I agree that being so facially expressive is one of her most endearing qualities. :heart: Sometimes it is hard not to be so stern towards her.:p
Is she bratty or rebellious at times?

Well, if you ever decided to get a severe, you'll be getting ALOT of Macaw in a small package.
No doubt, they must pack the most macaw per gram in the whole family. :p :eek:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
She's beautiful! She has such a sweet face!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are remarkable in their own way. I guess one of the down sides must be their vocalizations?

Is she bratty or rebellious at times?

No doubt, they must pack the most macaw per gram in the whole family. :p :eek:
Here's an interesting one Titanis.:)

Mabel's LOUDEST vocalizations are not a downside at all. I have a low tolerance for loud and I also live in an apt so that says alot.

99% of the time she is either very quiet or chatters pleasantly and softly. She's pretty perfect in that dept. She reserves her LOUD vocalizations for when she is hungry and becoming impatient. Even at that, they only last for a few seconds.

When she is LOUD she it's usually because I am not doing things fast enough and her patience has worn out.:p Mabel doesn't even scream when Emma is being loud and annoying. To be quite honest, Emma has a long list of annoying sounds that get on my nerves the most and on a regular basis.:o:

And unlike Emma who can scream and be go off for no good reason almost all day long, when Mabel screams there is usually a very good reason for it and I always pay attention.:) This notion about severe macaws being loud. Yes they are capable of being LOUD but this doesn't mean that they are loud 100% of the time or even 5% of the time.

In terms of being bratty, nah she's not really bratty at all. :) She playful, inquisitive and very curious about her surrounding. If I didn't keep an eye on her she'd definitely get into alot of mischief because she likes to explore and taste test everything. I find myself re-directing her attention often because she loves to unscrew everything and anything. At bedtime is when she is most stubborn. :eek: I think it's simply because she'd rather be with me than go to her cage. Even when it is painfully obvious that she is sleepy she will still refuse to budge and that's when I have to get out the T stick and then we battle wits.:D

Mabel's quite the wonderful macaw.:) I still wonder how severe macaws came to be so misunderstood by so many.:huh:

Sometimes I feel like Emma is my five year old toddler and Mabel is my two year old toddler.

Euphoria

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
thas the size mccaw i would really enjoy to have.. of course not till i get a bigger place and able to have a bird room.. all in itsself.. but its one of my dream birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.