• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Soft growths on a Myers beak

MasterObli

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Meg
My Myers, Trinity has these soft growth type things on both sides of her upper beak. They're pretty much flush with the rest of her beak and if I stratch them off, there's a hard beak under them. I've asked a vet about them before but they didn't know what they were.
She's not the biggest fan of me scratching at them but that could be because of their location. They never get any bigger and she's had them her whole life (she's approximately 17). I'm just curious as to what they are

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Well it's good that it's never bothered her and has had for life. Thst you had checked by vet .

It's possibly like a birth mark?? Or something happened in beak in that area as baby and just grows like that ?

MasterObli

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Meg
Well it's good that it's never bothered her and has had for life. Thst you had checked by vet .

It's possibly like a birth mark?? Or something happened in beak in that area as baby and just grows like that ?
It could be. It's on both sides of her beak in the exact same place though. I don't know much about her life before I got her. All I know is that she was shoved into a pocket and stolen when she was a fledgling but I don't think that that could be the cause

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I am trying to think who out of our other members has a Meyers but although I know we have members with them I am drawing a blank right now.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am trying to think who out of our other members has a Meyers but although I know we have members with them I am drawing a blank right now.
There used to be quite a few members, but the only one springing to mind who still actively posts is @Cassiopejaz .

Cassiopejaz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
I cant say much about what it might be since i never seen such marks, but i gonna make a guess its not something that affects her overall health cuz she is 17 years old right? and had it as long u had her? and good thing you had her checked by a vet.

Its possible that its a defect from birth, and that she doesnt like u touching the area might just be cuz its location or maybe she just a bit more sensitive there.

Last edited:

MasterObli

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Meg
I cant say much about what it might be since i never seen such marks, but i gonna make a guess its not something that affects her overall health cuz she is 17 years old right? and had it as long u had her? and good thing you had her checked by a vet.

Its possible that its a defect from birth, and that she doesnt like u touching the area might just be cuz its location or maybe she just a bit more sensitive there.
I don't think it has any feeling because I've scratched it off before and the only time she had an issue was if I got the skin.

I've asked multiple vets over the years and none have known but all assured me that it didn't appear to be causing her trouble.

My worry over what they are has been replaced by curiosity on what they are in the first place. A birth defect would make sense. I bought her from PJ's Pets a little under 17 years ago and they weren't really known for taking good care of their animals. Especially near the end of the company's life. It wouldn't surprise me if she's the product of cousins or something