• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures So what is this little guy???

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
IMG_20181010_170926913.jpg
IMG_20181010_171326262.jpg
I know he's a pied, but when I looked closer at his eyes, they were a brownish red? I'm so very confused.

They really butchered his wings, but the tiny bit of flight feather he has left is black and white.

Obligatory glamor shot of mister T. Rex;

IMG_20181010_171340082~2.jpg

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I think he is a mauve mutation I think. He is too cute though either way

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
You should hear his contact screams. :dead: He's not so cute when he opens his beak and screams like a conure.
Don’t believe that for a second! Lol! Some marble mutation Maybe? @expressmailtome ?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's adorable.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
T. Rex's original family had conures. It's why they couldn't keep him. Little guy took on a fully grown sun.
Oh jeez! Really a Trex! Doesn’t suprise me though:laugh: I am glad I only get the lovely Tiel noises as bonus from Fea’s first home and Tiki’s contact call from Henkie:xflove: Although I must admit, I do love it when Blue screams:o: I am just defect or something but I think it sounds cute:lol:

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
It’s really hard to say if he’s any mutation other than Dominant Pied. If he has odd flights (some black, some white), then he’s definitely Dom.Pied.
Whether he’s any other patterned mutation I can’t see it from the pics. The lighting isn’t all that good and his flights are butchered like you said.

“Mauve” was a nickname given to the mutation DD Parblue, which your bird is not. Somewhere along the line people started calling DD Blue Mauve also, which your bird is. Originally DD Blue was nicknamed Slate. Confusing. Anyways, that’s why I keep trying to get people off the nicknames on this forum, but it never works.

“DD Blue Dominant Pied” is wheat I’d say your bird is from what you’ve said, and what I can see.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
@Anfsurfer he has a few short bits of flights here and there. From what I could make out on the longer bits, they were primarily white towards the base, with the longer remnants showing some uneven black coloration.

I wish I could get his eyes to show their proper colors, though. They're not quite albino red, but they're a nice brownish red.

IMG_20181011_090102048.jpg

He even has a bit of a paler spot right on top of his head, which I thought was neat.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I'll have to get vids of him screaming. I wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't heard him screaming myself. He's really got a set of pipes!
Now you know why he survived that attack by the Sun...He out screamed him!!!:rofl:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
@Anfsurfer I may have been mistaken about his wings.
IMG_20181015_152801579.jpg IMG_20181015_152811986.jpg

Either way, it's a crying shame. :no: His flights look like they were so pretty.

Last edited:

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
I actually don’t even see a black flight like you said...
He could be Pastel or SF Dominant Edged instead of Pied. Or he still could be Pied? It’s really hard to tell with his coloring and the lack of flights. If he’s over 8 months old he may be a fisher/Blackmasked hybrid. He has a lighter band across his beak which is possible for a Blackmasked baby, but if it doesn’t fill in after juvenile molt then most likely a hybrid.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I actually don’t even see a black flight like you said...
He could be Pastel or SF Dominant Edged instead of Pied. Or he still could be Pied? It’s really hard to tell with his coloring and the lack of flights. If he’s over 8 months old he may be a fisher/Blackmasked hybrid. He has a lighter band across his beak which is possible for a Blackmasked baby, but if it doesn’t fill in after juvenile molt then most likely a hybrid.
I think I might have mistaken a body feather for a primary. He wouldn't let me get a good look until yesterday.

And he's still very much a baby, he's only around six months old, according to what I was told. The tip of his beak is still yellow-ish, so I think he's not quite 8 months yet.