• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I finally tracked down the person who adopted my Quaker from me 5 years ago. I found her email address and sent an email last night saying I was Figaro's old owner and asking if she still had her, how she was, etc. All I got back was "Hi No sorry, I had to rehome her. Thanks" :mad: :sad2: :sad1: :mad:

I have never gotten over rehoming my 2 birds. I begged both people to keep in contact with me and neither did. I found my GCC this spring on craigslist and got him back, and even though I wasn't able to keep him I found him the best home ever thanks to AA. Even though it was hard for me, I feel like I finally have closure and don't worry about him at all. I know he is happy as can be and in the right place. This has made me even more determined though to find out where my Quaker is. She was my first true birdie love and we had been through so much together. It just eats away at me to not know how she's doing or if she's even alive. Needless to say, that was not the response to my email I had been hoping to get. I'm sitting here at work bawling my eyes out. I really hope she'll give me the contact info of whoever bought her.

Here's my girl. Two hard drive crashes later, I've only been able to track down pictures from our first year together. I miss her so much.

figaro.jpeg

figaro2.jpeg

figaro3.jpeg

figaro4.jpeg

Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 11.09.42 AM.png

Lexii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexis
I am so sorry! That is so sad. I hope you do find the new owner and find out how she is doing. :sadhug2:

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I'm sorry. I hope you find out your quakers new home. :hug8:

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Awe :(

Hopefully the person has some contact information to the new owner!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh Ellen I'm so sorry :( I really hope you can track her down, if just to find out how she is doing. I can't imagine how hard this is for you :sadhug2:

AzaleaMist

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
I am sorry, I hope you will be able to find out where she is.:hug8:

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks guys. It helps to be able to vent to people who understand. My friends and family don't understand why I'm not over it already. :(

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
:(:hug8:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I'm so sorry. I hope the person can give you the contact info of the new owners. :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hug8:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ellen can this girl who rehomed her, give you any info where your bird went?

GlassOnion

I'm so sorry to hear :( It must be heartbreaking. Is there a way you could email her again and ask her for a contact info of the new owner??

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
Ellen can this girl who rehomed her, give you any info where your bird went?
I replied to her response 2 min after she sent it, but I have not heard anything else so far. I will keep trying though.

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry to hear :( It must be heartbreaking. Is there a way you could email her again and ask her for a contact info of the new owner??
I'm trying to get that info. I don't know how long ago she was rehomed though, so they might not have it any more. I feel so guilty. That would be her 4th home. She did not deserve to be passed around like that. :(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Dont give up hope that you will find her! Ask the person you gave her to, if you could have the persons contact info of the person she gave the quaker to. And always check craigs list and classifieds. You must always stay hopeful that you will find her. Thats what you can do for her right now. Dont give up hope. :hug8:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I admit, every time I see a Quaker ad, I secretly wonder if she is yours, not that I would really be able to tell :(

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
Dont give up hope that you will find her! Ask the person you gave her to, if you could have the persons contact info of the person she gave the quaker to. And always check craigs list and classifieds. You must always stay hopeful that you will find her. Thats what you can do for her right now. Dont give up hope. :hug8:
Thanks Mercedez. I've been checking craigslist for over a year and I reply to any quaker ads that look like they could be her. That's how I found Rocco my GCC. She would be 13 or 14 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.