1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So this happened today...

Discussion in 'African Grey Alley' started by mandymmr, 4/15/18.

1. mandymmr

mandymmr Walking the driveway Avenue Veteran

Sega (my hahn's macaw) old momma said that her old cagemate/friend needed me. So after a year separation, saga & her old friend (a Timneh gray) are back together...well, in the same house for now. I will slowly reintroduce them again.

I introduce you Dim. He's 20 years old.
    He ate a lot when we got him home. His old momma said he'd eat all day and I need to watch that. My question is, 1. Is this really something true? 2. How should I go about it if it is true? 3. I always leave a bowl of pellets, can I still do that?
    20180415_222957.jpg 20180415_222927.jpg

2. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna
    Jingo eats all day too. But he really still only eats a couple tablespoons worth of food all day and is a healthy weight. Some birds probably eat out of boredom? I would probably see how he does with foraging, that way he isn't just sitting on a perch eating (if that is indeed what he does)

3. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    Such a pretty bird!

mandymmr likes this.
  4. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Robin
    Ahw what a sweetie! I think they Will be glad to be reunited! Thank you for taking him in too:hug8:

5. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    Are you going to house them together or near one another? If so, are you aware of the potential for Pulmonary Hypersensitivity Syndrome in macaws.

Remember, Holiday lost her Zoe (Red Front macaw) to this disease?

faislaq, Icey and TikiMyn like this.
  6. mandymmr

mandymmr Walking the driveway Avenue Veteran

I'm aware

faislaq and Hankmacaw like this.
  7. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Martine
    He's beautiful!!

mandymmr likes this.
  8. atomicfriday

atomicfriday Sprinting down the street Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Shannon
    He is so adorable and congratulations! I put a small scoop of food in Toby's bowl in the am and that's what he gets all day. I empty it out the following morning and there's usually only a little left.

mandymmr likes this.
  9. Laylatoo

Laylatoo Jogging around the block Mayor of the Avenue

Cute! I suppose it would depend on his weight and excercise level on how much you need to watch the eating thing. If he’s overweight and a perch potato then I’d be a bit hesitant to just have a full bowl of pellets available all the time.

mandymmr likes this.
  10. Susan and Oliver

Susan and Oliver Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran Vendor

What a beautiful boy. All the best in your new relationship.

mandymmr and faislaq like this.
  11. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Elaine
    He is so handsome.

mandymmr likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)