• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures So I cleaned the cage…

saccharose

Moving in
Real Name
gabriel
SO! I did my first deep cleaning of the cage for the lovie I’m looking after, we had him play around the house with my family while I was diligently cleaning everything in the bathroom :laugh: After I finished cleaning something new happened!

I wish I caught a video of this but golly gosh it happened everytime I didnt have my phone out but I managed to take a quick photo of what I saw. So the bird did make gentle chirps and he wagged his tail after he went back into his freshly cleaned cage and did this thing with his wings while tapping his feet on the perch.

1A5B5DC8-06AC-4451-9E5C-3F79057C0F11.jpeg

Sorry if it’s hard to see, this was the best photo I could get but he didnt really have his wings all the way out, they were semi(?) out? and he just danced around the perch. I have no idea if he’s just happy I cleaned it or he’s upset :huh: His owner’s husband (who was the one originally looking after while his wife and kids were away for a few months) did NOT clean this cage nor his toys. He was super active with the toys in there after I cleaned them

does anyone know what this means? I’m sorry for posting about him so often, again I’m clueless and I have no experiences with birds, real grateful for this community for helping me out while I look after:xflove:

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I think @Zara has some lovebirds, maybe she could help?

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
Yes, Zara should be able to help. My bird spreads his wings semi open when he is humping something or being hormonal, but he has never done a tapping thing before so I have no advice for you.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
did this thing with his wings while tapping his feet on the perch.
Was there a clicking sound?
Looks like happy or mating behaviour going off of the photo and description. Being out of the cage and then returning to it is a nice feeling for birds.
Tail wagging, wings a little open and fidgety feet sounds like he was trying to mate with the perch.

It is not angry behaviour.

I think @Zara has some lovebirds
Yes, I have one or two ;)