• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So excited! Aviary to be delivered today

Bartleby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
So, my new indoor aviary is scheduled to arrive sometime between 10 & 2 today. :dance4: I'm super excited and could barely sleep last night. Been spending the past week fixing up the extra bedroom where it is going to go. Of course, courtesy of midwest weather, we are now in the midst of one of our infamous thunderstorms. :meh: Yeah, for working under a tarp and having to lug the pieces up a narrow flight of stairs instead of right in the front door. :banghead: But it'll get done...come hell or high water...or maybe both!

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
That's exciting. Pictures when you get everything set up!!

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Nice! I would love to have an indoor aviary as a cage. Maybe one day....

Bartleby

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
3:37 my time...and still waiting. Got a call about 15 minutes ago that it should be here in the "next couple of hours". :tmsmakesme:

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
3:37 my time...and still waiting. Got a call about 15 minutes ago that it should be here in the "next couple of hours". :tmsmakesme:

Maybe the rain will be gone by then?? :bored: :lol:

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Is it there yet? I am so jealous and Noodle is, too :laugh:

Bartleby

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Is it there yet? I am so jealous and Noodle is, too :laugh:
No...BUT I got a 20 minute out call! :dance5:My fingernails are going to take a while to recover from this one. :lol:

Bartleby

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Unboxed and sitting on the covered front porch, awaiting inspection and the final move into the bird room! :dancing: It was not raining, so I set to work and quickly got the pieces moved to the porch from the drive and the packaging tucked away into the garage...didn't want cardboard soup on my lower drive! This is a one woman show so now I need to feed the furred critters and get myself some fuel for the evening of assembly that awaits. I've got some pics, but now I need to read the thread on how to post them. :facepalm:

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
They look like the 62x62 walk ins. They are about seven feet tall. :)

Bartleby

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
It's actually the 85x61 walkin...supposedly it's 6.5 feet tall. Only slight trouble thus far with some misaligned bars not wanting to let the screw maneuver into the whole. Haven't popped a weld yet...fingers crossed.

Mariannee

Avenue Veteran
Have fun I couldn't do it by myself in a million years, can't wait to see it finished.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It's actually the 85x61 walkin...supposedly it's 6.5 feet tall. Only slight trouble thus far with some misaligned bars not wanting to let the screw maneuver into the whole. Haven't popped a weld yet...fingers crossed.

That ceiling has to BE BIGGER! :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:

Keep the screws loose until you get it together, then tighten them. :laugh: We learned the hard way with the first one and fought it to death....... the second one was a piece of cake although we were running out of room in the room. :laugh:

The ceiling is HARD to put on if the room you chose is not very big. ;) GOOD LUCK!

Bartleby

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue

That ceiling has to BE BIGGER! :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:

Keep the screws loose until you get it together, then tighten them. :laugh: We learned the hard way with the first one and fought it to death....... the second one was a piece of cake although we were running out of room in the room. :laugh:

The ceiling is HARD to put on if the room you chose is not very big. ;) GOOD LUCK!
Well, the ceiling is up! As you predicted definitely not a cake walk, but I setup three sides of the aviary, then screwed in two ceiling supports on the back side of the aviary. Then I screwed in the rest of the ceiling supports to the ceiling, that way I knew that I was lining things up where they needed to be. Then alley-oop, drop in a couple strategic corner screws (while balancing the weight differential on one hand) and it held its place long enough that I could then go around and drop in the remainder of the screws and tighten them all.

Where there's a will, there's a way and I've assembled enough big stuff by myself that you kind of get a feel for how to go about assembly. So, it can be done alone and you don't have to be a Herman, but definitely, if you have the option, provide cold bear and get some friends to help you out! :lol: