• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sneezing Conure.

BabyBirdMa

Strolling the yard
So my Pineapple Greencheek just sneezed in my face and it felt wet. She sneezed three, more times after that. Is this normal? Would I be overreacting if I took her and her cagemate to the vet over this? I am really worried but at the same time uncertain. If this isn’t cause for concern just yet, what should I look out for? When should I take her to the vet? How do I tell the difference between a normal sneeze and a sick sneeze in birds? I know they hide their ailments well.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
was that the first time that you noticed the sneezing?

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Birds can have the occasional sneeze, or get something in there. I typically have a couple sneezes post bath. Otherwise they are pretty rare to sneeze here .

If I have several sneezes in a day and the next , then every single time mine have been sick , seen the vet and gotten treatment.

See how today sbd tomorrow go. Weigh your birds. Look at poops

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Mine get sneezy if the air is really dry. With having the heat on (and being in a drought :arghh: ) it's been miserably dry in my house. I had to pull out the humidifier.

BabyBirdMa

Strolling the yard
Birds can have the occasional sneeze, or get something in there. I typically have a couple sneezes post bath. Otherwise they are pretty rare to sneeze here .

If I have several sneezes in a day and the next , then every single time mine have been sick , seen the vet and gotten treatment.

See how today sbd tomorrow go. Weigh your birds. Look at poops
Got it.