• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Sneezing and Weird Doubling Over Motion - Urgent

LiefDuivel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Callum Rivoire
I have a video attached of the weird motion, it's really scaring me and i'm not sure if he's okay. I have a vet appointment scheduled on the 3rd, and i just need to make sure he'll be okay until then - that's 4 days away. He's been sneezing a lot the past few days, but had no nasal discharge or symptoms of being sick. He's breathing is normal too, no squeaks or heavy breathing other than normal (like flying). Tail doesn't bob, wings cross just fine, droppings normal, and so is energy/activity and social levels. Other than sneezing, he's been fine.

Every so often he'd do this weird motion, but today he seems to do it very often. For some reason i only see him do it when on my shoulder, otherwise in the cage he'll rub his face/head and beak against the bars or perch like he's itchy or uncomfortable. His chirps sound higher pitch today too, with softer, squeakier chirps when he's relaxing, eating, or rubbing his head. There is an emergency vet I can take him too, if I need to, but I wouldn't want to stress him out like that.

Am i okay to wait until Wednesday?

LiefDuivel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Callum Rivoire
If the video is hard to make sense of, he doubles over almost like one of those drinking bird toys with his beak open, similar to a crop adjustment or regurgitation, but more frantic and almost involuntary seeming

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I do not see anything alarming in that video.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Looks hormonal.
He is lush and bright and active

LiefDuivel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Callum Rivoire
Thanks for the reply! I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I had taken an edible that night and was... perhaps a bit more paranoid than I needed to be :facepalm: