• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Snack attack..

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
He has had regular cooked spaghetti and didn't like it.. today I heated up my spaghetti it had hunts sauce on it. He was on his cage and you never saw a bird scale a cage so fast! He ran to me so fast and it was so hard to keep him off me and out of my food.. he was attacking and bitting my hands trying to get it..I finally gave him a few strands with hardly any sauce on it.. I count this as a treat..

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Such a cute, funny bird!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My birds love Pasta! Like Mommie, like babies!:lol:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
When I first got my Gracie Tiel (my very first personal bird), I was working night shift and every morning when I came home, I had supper food and then spent time with Grace and did a little housework with her on my shoulder and went to bed. Once Gracie relaxed and tasted the food I was eating, it was almost impossible to keep her out of my food! I spoiled her terribly and it got me some really unpleasant behavior I had to train out of her. But Gracie was a loving and devoted pet bird and soon learned not to run through my pasta or try and swim in my soup. I was able to teach her to perch on her side of the plate or bowl and eat out of a certain area next to her perch area.

The only unpleasant memory I have of Gracie and her mate, Chip, and I having breakfast/supper in the morning is the day 9/11 happened. We were having Beefaroni and garlic bread (they got plain bread) with a nice cup of hot coffee. Then I saw the first plane hit the WTC... The birds were surprised when I suddenly started crying and they both cuddled against my neck, making little supportive chirping sounds.