• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Slight weeze.

Revali

Walking the driveway
I think my Cockatiel may have a slight weeze. I only catch the sound here and there other than that acting totally happy eat singing the whole nine. The thing is were just starting to make head way on completely ending hand fear. Wrapping him up in a towel and letting a stranger mess with him is gunna be very stressful for him I don't even need to guess at that. Should I rush him to the vet or do I wait?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Can you get a video of it and email it to your vet and see what they say?

Revali

Walking the driveway
Can you get a video of it and email it to your vet and see what they say?
I don't have a vet but that's a good suggestion . Is that a common thing they do I'd hate to "beg for a look" before i'm even established at a vet.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Lining up a vet for your bird is usually the first thing on the list. Glad you noticed the wheeze. It should be professionally taken care of by avian vet.

Revali

Walking the driveway
Thanks for the suggestions although I don't hear it now at all. I think I'm going to hold off I really don't want to stress him for nothing and hopefully by next time he has to go he'll be better with hands.