• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Skylar giving mom heart attacks

pinkharley

Jogging around the block
so each day skylar is growing up to be a pain in the butt :rolleyes: his nick name is now poopster man does he go big ones and loves mom so much he shares with mom :depressed: :wtf: the last few days his new game is make mom chase me around the table to feed me ..............Well last night and this morning he has decided it is time to fly from moms hand to the top of the brooder :eek: it is only about a foot but I had a heart attack the first time he did it ....... I have made him a little play area on the floor with a sheet and toys and I put the toys up to him and he is kinda not so affaid of them but wont play with them yet I am teaching him step up he is ok at it lol well one foot anyways :p

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Sounds like the little baby is growing up! Do you have updated pics of his cuteness???

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
:dance4: :dance4: Yay! :dance4: :dance4:

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:heart: awwwww....what cutie patoot:xflove:ie..
so glad da baby is coming along.:)

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds like he is progressing well. For the most part, if I have to chase them around to feed them, I just assume they aren't hungry and try again a few hours later. Depending on their behavior I might skip a meal entirely or move the next scheduled feed up by a couple hours. This is definitely the stage where you just go with what the bird needs. He might to skip a feed today but cry like crazy for it tomorrow. So I'm not saying to change your schedule and eliminate a feeding. Just keep to your schedule and if after 7-10 days he's consistently too busy to eat a certain meal, then consider dropping and adjusting the rest of the feedings so he doesn't go too long between meals. This all usually happens right around the first flight. So it sounds like he is progressing normally.

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Wow he is so grown up looking! Love his little peeps! Looks like he was determined to climb up all over you lol

pinkharley

Jogging around the block
yes he looks all grown up has almost all his feathers some down still under his wings .......he is very quiet over all does not get loud even if hungry so I hope he stays like that lol :rolleyes:

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Awwww so sweet! Of course he loves kissing his mamma! I think lovies overall are pretty quiet (well at least the ones I've met and compared to my guys...a vet tech at my vets has the SWEETEST male lovie!)

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
OMG, he is so cute!!! :heart: He'll probably be this mischievous for the rest of his life, LOL! :lol:

Zazu isn't loud, but he sings and chirps a lot. When he's in his cage, he'll just sing to himself. He's also learned to mimic various whistles that I've taught him and loves whistling to me back and forth. However... he is REALLY loud when he gets excited. Sometimes he'll fly in circles, land on my shoulder then SCREECH in my ear from excitement. It's very painful. :cautious:

ddy13

Walking the driveway
he likes to play kiss kiss but he has a sharp little beak I say kiss kiss and he leans in for me to kiss his beak :heart: :rofl:
Sounds like my Sunshine loves to be kissed! Does not bite unless a little warning for need to go. Yes he is trained that way.