• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shredding Toy Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatherinesBirds

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
View attachment 96202

Can anyone help me find another one of this little shredder toy for my birds? I know they come in various sizes and vary a little in the way they are made. My Red Bellied just finished destroying her first one. It's about 6 inches long and I think I would like a larger one, maybe a foot long. Did a search and came up with zero last night. I have one hanging in each of my birds cages and everyone, from my lovebirds to my Poi just love them! They were given to me and the person who sent them has no idea where they came from. Maybe someone has something similar in their store???:giveme5:

KatherinesBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
:hehe:Oh Thank You Crystal!:shocking:Don't despair babies! Mommy is going shopping this Friday for sure!! Sheer Shredding Paradise! Makes me wish I were a bird just so I could tear something up and get away with it.

Last edited:

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
That looks like something Dante will enjoy :D

Kathy N

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I've seen those on the shelf at Petco. Also I just placed an order at GreyFeathers and I'm pretty sure I saw them there also.

KatherinesBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
Thanks folks! I am going to compare prices and go shopping this Friday. My Red Bellied, Shadow, shreds like crazy when she is upset like when I get ready to turn out the lights. Shadow was shredding her rope perch which is made of threads (being replaced when my sisal rope perch arrives!) so I hung one of these brooms right over the spot where she sleeps/shreds and it is working like a charm. This bird previously had no shredding toys. I would like her to always have shredding stuff available and not to think about shredding herself.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You have beautiful eyes and hair!!

My fussy tiels did not really take to that toy. :rolleyes:

KatherinesBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
I ran out to Petsmart this morning since I was desperate to get something and bought the big 12" shredder that looks like a broom. Shadow spent all the rest of the morning shredding and she really calmed down. Here is a post shredding photo:
View attachment 96394 Very relaxed! I am checking out various sores for the raw materials to make my own toys too! Will let you know what I find. It seems like I will need all natural fibers and some creativity!

Status
Not open for further replies.