• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Show your PVC play gyms/stands please!

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
cheapest way to go about building a PVC stand (if you can cut your own pvc) is to bring a perch that your bird is comfortable sitting on and get some pvc that is as close to that size as possible. then cut it down to what ever lengths you would like. It is more expensive to get precut pieces, but I made such a small gym that I didn't want to buy such long pieces.

FreeByrd

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Here's the perching tree that I finished yesterday. No food or water cups yet, but I'll figure that out soon. Chili's not thrilled with it yet, but at least he's not afraid of it either (he's a sensitive boy;)).
I am IN LOVE with your stand..... The base is incredible. What is it? I love the coloring and artistic feel to it... :heart::heart::heart:

Lauren and Jack

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lauren Watson
Oh I have needed idea for one!!! Showing to the Hubby so he can make me one!!!

brittneydee

Jogging around the block
Stephen I am in love with your hangin PVC gym!!!! Did you make it or buy it somewhere? It's incredible!

citronlover

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Here's the perching tree that I finished yesterday. No food or water cups yet, but I'll figure that out soon. Chili's not thrilled with it yet, but at least he's not afraid of it either (he's a sensitive boy;)).
That is a BEAUTIFUL stand! I wish I knew how you put it together, because I was hoping to make my birds something aesthetically pleasing :) (plus my artistic side would love to be creative about a PVC stand haha) Just don't know how to make it colourful and still be safe! :lol:

ilovemyzoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Melissa
photo.jpg
This is the pvc stand we built for our macaws. This only shows the structure. We've wrapped it in medical tape and sisal rope and are adding toys. The outdoor aviary is being cleaned, rearranged and improved so our babies have yet to try it out, but I'm sure they'll love it!

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Stephen I am in love with your hangin PVC gym!!!! Did you make it or buy it somewhere? It's incredible!

I have the same gym <3 I bought it from someone at birdmart funny the has is in another continent

ilovemyzoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Melissa
I'm going to try to make one for my macaws! Hope it's not that much harder with thicker rope.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Yes! It was fun to make and figure out!
How is it attached to the play structure? I see knots but what are they tied to?

ilovemyzoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Melissa
Just wanted to add a picture of my stand wrapped in the medical tape and sisal rope.
I'm buying more toys tomorrow and rope to hopefully make a net. :)

photo(36).jpg