• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Should I?

mochiballs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
Hello everyone,
I need some advice.
I'm hoping to add another bird to my family and just met this sweet little guy, I've already fallen in love, but am wary because I've asked a local rescue to help find a feathered companion. I don't know what route to take?

Last edited:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Welcome! What is your current bird/situation? And what about the possible new addition? Like is it a baby, adult, species issue?(species issue as in, you have a grey and want to add a macaw, the greys dust is very bad for the Mac) shortly, why are you in doubt?:D

mochiballs

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
Welcome! What is your current bird/situation? And what about the possible new addition? Like is it a baby, adult, species issue?(species issue as in, you have a grey and want to add a macaw, the greys dust is very bad for the Mac) shortly, why are you in doubt?:D
Hi, thanks for answering.
Currently I have a grey and gold cap conure, I lost my green cheek unfortunately and have had a hole in my heart since. He lived in my room, while the other two live in the living room.
The little guy is a pearly conure, 3 years old, and we bonded instantly! He sat on my shoulder and cuddled letting me preen him and he was preening me. I haven't met any of the birds the rescue is thinking about but have talked to them. I guess it's not really a rescue but a bird group that meet up. I've been attending their meetings for a year now.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
If you have found a bird that needs a home and likes you then maybe that would be the bird for you regardless of who else you have spoken to?

mochiballs

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
If you have found a bird that needs a home and likes you then maybe that would be the bird for you regardless of who else you have spoken to?
That's what I was thinking.
I can see him moving into my room and spending time playing with him.
I'm really hoping to be able to bring him home. I think I just answered my own question lol

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
That's what I was thinking.
I can see him moving into my room and spending time playing with him.
I'm really hoping to be able to bring him home. I think I just answered my own question lol

Sounds like it! Lol

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I totally agree! It seems this pearly conure chose you!:) This birdie needs a home, and you can offer him one! I see no problem at all:D it Is awesome you were talking to a rescue, I am totally sure they understand when you tell them you found another bird to adopt.
Sooo, when can we welcome this new little one? Also, post Some pictures of your other babies when you get a chance!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Go get that pearly boy! ;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Your heart has definitely answered your question...and the heart always knows best...:heart:

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
My pearly was wonderful! If a bird needs you, take it. It's surprising how much love is wasted in the world because of fear.

I will caution you... MBS is real! Set a limit NOW for both your and their safety!

mochiballs

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
I totally agree! It seems this pearly conure chose you!:) This birdie needs a home, and you can offer him one! I see no problem at all:D it Is awesome you were talking to a rescue, I am totally sure they understand when you tell them you found another bird to adopt.
Sooo, when can we welcome this new little one? Also, post Some pictures of your other babies when you get a chance!
Hopefully he'll be coming home on Monday next week. I'm so excited! I will definitely post pictures.n :)

Thank you everyone for the help

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oooh - I can't wait 'til Monday - yippeeeee!