• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

*She's Home!* Cat escaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Some positive energy and prayers for my cat Dulcinea please. She escaped Late Friday night. We had a window airconditioner fail and after we replaced it my husband and I carried the old one out to my SUV. Apparently we didn't get the door latched behind us and the cats pushed the door open. When we came back to the house 4 of our cats were sitting on the front porch. 3 of them ran back into the house. Dulcinea jumped off the side of the porch. We have looked all over our neighborhood for her a couple times each day and call her and whistle for her several times a day (we call our cats to meals by a particular whistle.) I have talked to neighbors and notified our local Vet and the Humane Society. My husband has called the vets in surrounding towns as well. I am really worried about my Dulcie. She is front declawed and has not been outside since we have had her. (The shelter we got her from 5 or 6 yrs ago said she showed up are the home of one of the directors all bedraggled and covered in matts so I am sure she doesn't really know how to survive outside.) I just hope she is safe somewhere. She is microchipped and was wearing a collar and tags when she escaped. There really isn't anything else I can do now other than to keep calling for her and keep checking around the neighborhood so I am asking for your prayers, and/or positive energy.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
:hug8:I'll be praying for her safe return.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm so sorry to hear this :sadhug2:

Dulcinea please come home soon!!! Mom and Dad are worried.

Sending positive thoughts and vibes that Dulcinea is home safe and sound very soon.

Karighan

Hit the Road
Real Name
Liz
I'm so sorry this happened. You have my prayers, and hopes that Dulci comes home safely.

Perhaps we should move this to Candlelit Lane.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
oh Dulcina please please come home!:(

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
many prayers on the way! also check the humane societies, pounds and put u p flyers everywhere!!!!!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I hope that she returns soon!

Matt

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Prayers that she finds her way home safely. :hug8::hug8:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Praying that she comes home soon :hug8:

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Come home, sweet girl! :hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm moving this to The Highway Home so you can get more good thoughts and suggestions.

I pray Dulcinea comes home soon. I've had a couple cats sneak out over the years. Indoor cats will often hunker down for a few days to gets used to being out of their element before they get the courage to venture back home. They are very smart so keep doing what you are doing and hopefully she will be home very soon. :sadhug:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I hope she comes home soon :heart::heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. Last night shortly after I posted I went outside to take the trash out and saw a light colored cat in my driveway. It took off across the neighbors lawn. Unfortuanately I didn't get a good enough look to see if it was her. I keep calling and whistling but so far no luck. I am also keeping the door to our back porch open with food on it so she can come in and eat. Don't know haw many other strays I'll be feeding in the meantime. Dulcinea is a long haired, blue eyed Siamese mix. I was going to post a picture but I can't find any of her that are digital. I think they must of been on my old computer.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Come on Dulcinea, its time to come home now. Mommy needs you home.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Sending positive energy and warm fuzzies. One thing you can do is really look closely around your house; under the porch, in the shrubs, inder any outbuildings. Indoor cats that get out usually hang around their home and hide in fear; especially if other cats in the area bully them. Usually escaped cats are found right around their home area and sometimes just walking around the property calling aloud is enough to get them to make a noise or come out so you can find them.

Good luck.

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
:( Praying that she comes home soon :hug8:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Sending positive energy and warm fuzzies. One thing you can do is really look closely around your house; under the porch, in the shrubs, inder any outbuildings. Indoor cats that get out usually hang around their home and hide in fear; especially if other cats in the area bully them. Usually escaped cats are found right around their home area and sometimes just walking around the property calling aloud is enough to get them to make a noise or come out so you can find them.

Good luck.
I have been walking aroud our property and the surrounding 2 blocks 2-3 times a day calling for her. I have also checked all the shrubs in my yard and the homes on all sides of us, and under the neighbors porches. (Nothing larger than a mouse could get under my porches. One is cement and filled with sand. The other has a cement foundation and a covered opening to a crawl space.) But thanks for the advice.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
:dance4:DULCINEA IS HOME. I decided to go out to call her 1 more time before going to bed. When I went out to my enclosed back porch she was standing in the open door looking in. I gave her the come to dinner whistle and she slinked inside. I quickly closed the door and then I showed her the full bowl that I had left out for her and she ate like a pig. After filling her belly she was willing to go into the house.:dance4:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
:yah:

This is great news!! I'm so glad you decided to go out and call for her one more time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.