1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Severe Macaw Breeders

Discussion in 'Breeders Boulevard' started by MarkJ, 8/10/17.

1. MarkJ

MarkJ Checking out the neighborhood

MJ
    Hi everyone. I'm MJ, new to the site. I as actually trying to look for good Severe Macaw breeders in the Virginia or Surrounding areas. I've seen a few online but they look to be bigger breeders and some do not have the best reputation. I'm always willing to drive wherever but if I purchased a baby I would much rather be closer to it. No rush, I still have time, just wanted to explore my options. Thanks

2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
  3. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    Have you considered helping a bird in need already out there? You know, instead of contributing to the over bred homeless parrot population?

4. MarkJ

MJ
    Sure. I have no problem adopting either. My dogs and budgies are. Do you know of any main sites that I can look at?

5. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Michelle
    A lot of rescues list on Petfinder.com. That might be a good place to start. :)

MiniMacaw likes this.
  6. MiniMacaw

MiniMacaw Jogging around the block

Lisa
    There are a lot of severe macaws in rescue. They're one of the most rehomed parrots out there (at least in my area) I think it's because people think they're cuter, smaller, more easy going versions of the large Macs but that couldn't be less true lol. I have an 11 year old rescue severe and he is way more work than my blue and gold. I have yet to meet any one who has had a baby severe and kept it past puberty. Luckily with rescue I got my guy after he went through puberty so I knew what I was getting.

7. MarkJ

MJ
    Thank you guys very much! I start looking to adopt

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)