• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Several Days of Coco GW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Coco has been here 5 days now. Cage-free is working extremely well with her, since that's what she's always been used to.
She hangs out on top of her cage, and on the Java tree. Dinnertime is always in the sunroom, with us, on her rolling/portable stand.

She is alone when I'm working, and obviously alone when we're out. Cage-free has not posed any problems and I highly doubt it ever will. Her cage is merely a play area, she never goes inside the cage.

It's so cute, when I get home, I sneak into her room. Sometimes I catch her on the Java tree, or relaxing on a large Cajeput perch. She always scrambles to get back on her cage:) It's like she doesn't want me to know she likes all the new things!

Coco loves to play 'catch' with large pod cups. My husband took a video tonight; will post if it turns out ok:)

She talks more often now, is very affectionate, gentle & tactile - true to her species. She lifts my hand and places it on her head. :heart:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
she is gorgeous Doris, I am so thrilled she is settling in so well with you :D

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh,she sounds so wonderful. I am so so happy for the both of you.

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
true to her species. She lifts my hand and places it on her head. :heart:
Love it! Sounds like this has been a win/win situation all the way around! :heart:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
She sounds fabulous!!! I'm so happy for you!

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Awwww!! She sounds like such a sweetie pie!!:heart:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
It's so cute, when I get home, I sneak into her room. Sometimes I catch her on the Java tree, or relaxing on a large Cajeput perch. She always scrambles to get back on her cage It's like she doesn't want me to know she likes all the new things!
Our mac is like that, she would never let on she likes something I gave her.
Very smart of them.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
She is alone when I'm working, and obviously alone when we're out. Cage-free has not posed any problems and I highly doubt it ever will. Her cage is merely a play area, she never goes inside the cage.
It's only been 5 days. In a month or two when she is much more comfortable, don't be surprised if that changes. She's going to want to "explore" this new world. Just beware. :)

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She sounds so sweet Doris.I'm so happy you have her.

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
It's only been 5 days. In a month or two when she is much more comfortable, don't be surprised if that changes. She's going to want to "explore" this new world. Just beware. :)
That's a possibility of course, and we're aware of that. Interesting, though - when her past person moved - new house, strange surroundings, one would expect that she'd get the urge to explore and check things out. She didn't.

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
I'm so glad to hear this. She seems just amazing and I saw the video. :heart::heart::heart: What a character!

Status
Not open for further replies.