• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Senegalus Activiata

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
@Lincee @Eloy What can I say - isn't that what females are supposed to do? Confuse?(NB: everyone?) :twirl::holiday1:jeanie:

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Well i usually dont confuse anybody!!

Then again, im me, im not a man and not a woman either :(

InTheAir

Real Name
Claire
I talk with birds.. No wonder im still single
Some people think that is an endearing quality! When I met my boyfriend he won me over by stopping to have an in depth conversation with every brush turkey we met (in their language). Having a conversation with pet parrots or the neighbours cat was inevitable and at least I can understand what they are talking about.

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I too talk with animals! I have learned that, while they dont understand our spoken language, they DO understand our body language! I have learned that you can talk to animals by choosing what tone you use, how you behave! It really doesnt take a Ceasar Millan to train a scared abused dog! Just carefully choosing how you behave and talk :)

InTheAir

Real Name
Claire
I think Ceasar Milan is the last person I'd want near a scared dog!

Nila can put out a reasonably coherent conversation in english. I can't say the same for the neighbours cat though... we just end up in big arguments about why I won't let her in the house. It is amazing how many ways a cat can say "but I want" using meows! But body language plays a big part of her conversations. I'm not sure how much I'd understand if I was blindfolded.

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I could understand my dog blindfolded.. But thats because we have a really strong bond, i sometimes like to think thats because she choose me as her companion :) that said.. Our neighbour's cat to me is just an anoying animal ;-) all she does is meowing and more meowing!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I think it is so very important to talk to your animals.
I too talk with animals! I have learned that, while they dont understand our spoken language, they DO understand our body language!
Very true...:)