• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Send it!

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Perfectt shot!!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
You probably couldn't get that shot again if you tried!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
He looks like where did my comfy seat go as he hurtles into the void...

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd bird used to fall off his perch because he'd forget he could fly when he lost his balance...

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Nerd bird used to fall off his perch because he'd forget he could fly when he lost his balance...
Oh shoot!
He's okay though? Was he clipped before?
I've noticed client birds do that sometimes...when the flight feathers area clipped, or inversely, when they grow back in, the change in weight makes the bird lose their balance from time to time.
I hope he's okay.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd was a tank of a skinny Maxi Pionus and my best bud for 31 years so yes he was OK. He was NEVER clipped and I got him and his brother Ferd in 79 with no bands so almost positively wild caught. Ferd was the fat healthy one, Nerd was the skinny one with bad feather color and missing flights. Ferd suddenly got sick about 2 years in and died and Nerd and I mourned him and became best buds. He spoke wild Pionus and I spoke it back and we understood each other perfectly:xflove:
He was perfectly happy in my family and content with his lot in life, I sure miss him but he had a good happy run in life and trusted me fully.

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Nerd was a tank of a skinny Maxi Pionus and my best bud for 31 years so yes he was OK. He was NEVER clipped and I got him and his brother Ferd in 79 with no bands so almost positively wild caught. Ferd was the fat healthy one, Nerd was the skinny one with bad feather color and missing flights. Ferd suddenly got sick about 2 years in and died and Nerd and I mourned him and became best buds. He spoke wild Pionus and I spoke it back and we understood each other perfectly:xflove:
He was perfectly happy in my family and content with his lot in life, I sure miss him but he had a good happy run in life and trusted me fully.
Oh, gotcha
Fred has passed but you still have Nerd?
Lovely you have and trust each other.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Oh, gotcha
Fred has passed but you still have Nerd?
Lovely you have and trust each other.
Ferd passed on early on probably around 1980, Nerd soldiered on till 2009 when he was at least 31, probably more like 35, just to finish a crap year for me just before Xmas 2009. Then I got Grumpy boy Lurch who took 5 years to decide I was trustworthy and a friend who didn't need to be bitten any chance he got, family found him for me because we all missed Nerd. He escaped in 2016 and Momazon knew what I went through making Lurch happy again so she offered me Dobby because she figured I would be a good dad for him when she could no longer keep him.. There should be stories about all of them in here about thrm I posted. Dobby likes sister Sandy best but I'm ok