• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Seizures

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I hope he fully recover but if not he will still have a great life with just some adjustments. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can't predict whether there will be a full recovery but sending positive thoughts that Nimbus will fully recover. If not he will learn to adapt and you are adjusting his environment to meet his needs which is a good thing. Does he have platforms? If not you may need to buy him some.

Nami

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicola
He definitely seems to prefer staying low in the cage and seems to have an easier time walking, I've made him a little platform that's nice and low and easy to get to.
I've made the platform from a sheet of corrugated plastic, I covered it with paper but he seems to slip and slide on it. What's a good material to cover it with so that he has good grip?

Health-wise he seems a lot better despite the poor coordination, he's now chirping and eating like a pig! He's been tearing into his chop like a little barbarian :loveshower: We're making progress!

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
What's a good material to cover it with so that he has good grip?
A cotton towel that is compact so he don't get stucked with his claws in the towel.

And great update! :bliss:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've wrapped perches and platforms with vet wrap.
If you want to pad the bottom of the cage use layers of paper towels, non pilling fleece or towels that don't get stringy.

Nami

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicola
He seems so much worst today, just when he seemed to look better :darkcloud: He is having trouble walking and balancing and walks like he is drunk. While before he could perch for a while on a low branch, now he just falls off. Watching him like this is breaking my heart.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:sadhug2:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry. Have you contacted the vet? Hoping that Nimbus will get better.

Nami

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicola
So sorry. Have you contacted the vet? Hoping that Nimbus will get better.
I have, the vet doesn't seem to be too hopeful and said that neurological issues would be a symptom of psittacosis. Just trying to keep him warm and happy right now, he's taking his meds well which is good.