• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scritches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
My late tiel Fritzie was the scritch queen---She'd grab my fingers with her beak to put me in the right spot---then I swear she purred. Out of the current flock of five---My sun Rika will accept a half second scritch and the others hands off. Although when I first took my handraised female budgie home she did like a scritch----but she bit me to start and then bit me to stop.:hehe:

MBS

Jogging around the block
My GCC and my daughter's parrotlet love scritches all the time. My son's parrotlet loved scritches most of the time when he was still with us. One of my budgies will tolerate being scritched if he is eating a lot of millet, but he doesn't seem to really notice he's being touched because he's so excited about the millet. The other birds don't like being touched much if at all.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Let’s see..

Keiko - Quaker (if he is in a good mood)
Leila - GCC
Taji - GCC (occasionally)

Keiba (IRN) is a no no, he doesn’t really like his head being touched. At all!

Mali - Cockatiel
Tilly - Cockatiel
Emmit - Cockatiel
Rosalie - Cockatiel
Freddy - Cockatiel (rarely)
Theo - Cockatiel

The only Cockatiel, out of my 7, that doesn’t like scritches, is Ella. And out of my mum’s 3 Cockatiels, Charlie and Larry are the only ones that will allow you to give them scritches, more so Larry then Charlie, and Shiro used to like being given scritches, but he won’t let anyone scritch him anymore.

None of my Budgies are really tame enough to let me scritch them, so none of them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.