• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Screamer

MiniMiniMango

Moving in
Does anyone have any tips for quieting my energetic Lovebird Mango??? She won’t stop screaming!!

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
What is happening around her when she is screaming?

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
Screaming can be caused by a lot of things. One issue can be your bird being bored. How big is the cage? How many toys, perches does he have? How many hours per day is he out?

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I just walk away when the screaming stops and give treats when she is quiet. Curious though what is happening when she starts screaming?

MiniMiniMango

Moving in
Metalstitcher she’ll usually be looking outside or most often looking at herself in the mirror. When this happens I usually put her on my shoulder but sometimes she’ll just fly back to the mirror and start screaming!

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
She is screaming at her reflection. She thinks it's another bird. Remove the mirror and place something over the portion of the window by her cage.

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
My two Lovebirds will scream when there are birds outside that are calling. It happens mostly in the evening just before the birds outside begin settling down to roost for the night and my birds are getting ready to do the same, there seems to be about 20 minutes minutes of loud calling and then everybody shuts up and it's quiet, LOL.