• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scooter takes a bow

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Scooter the CAG is a very polite parrot. Every time I give her a treat, she takes a little bow before accepting her treat, as if to thank me for giving her the treat. It's an endearing gesture. :) I wonder if it's something Greys typically do. George the YCA used to greet me sometimes with a little bow and wing-lift, and Ralph the QP sometimes does something similar to show that he's happy to see me, but Scooter is the only parrot I know (so far) that bows before accepting a treat.

EllaMay

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Love it, taking a bow is adorable and agree quite endearing! :)

Ella doesn't bow for a treat... she tries to do the grab and run routine. :wacky:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Aww that sounds so cute!
Quack nods when I ask her if she wants something. If she doesn't nod, she doesn't really want it.

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Ralph the QP nods when he wants something, likes something or wants me to repeat something I've said or done. :D Scooter doesn't nod, but to tell me she wants something, she'll tilt her head to one side and look up at me and blink her eyes. After 9 months with me, Scooter's personality is showing itself more and more. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Bowing is the only real trick I helped Milton to learn. He likes to hang upside down (like a bat) so when we about to leave, I turn my hand and Milty bows to people...then the people ohh and ahh about it so he does it again...because he loves the attention...;)

Laura729

Jogging around the block
One of the greys I work with at the rescue (and LOVE dearly) does this! Pretty much every time I offer him a toy or treat. Sometimes he does it before stepping up as well, so I wonder where the behavior comes from??

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Quack nods when I ask her if she wants something. If she doesn't nod, she doesn't really want it.
Haha I wasn't sure whether Buzzard's nods mean anything. If I offer him something & he doesn't nod, he still takes it and eats it! :laugh: I'll watch now, though, to see if maybe he eats it with less gusto. ;)

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Haha I wasn't sure whether Buzzard's nods mean anything. If I offer him something & he doesn't nod, he still takes it and eats it! :laugh: I'll watch now, though, to see if maybe he eats it with less gusto. ;)

Well with Quack she will still take what I'm offering but then drop it. If she nods she will eat or at least try it.
Darwin copies her in a way but he will nod kind of on a crazy diagonal AFTER he starts eating a treat he really likes. :laughin: He doesn't get that the nod is to ask for it. :lol: