• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scented trash bags

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Thought I found something cool, trash bags guaranteed to not smell for 5 days. For the past 2 weeks, I have been playing "find the source of the smell". I thought something had spilled or died. Nope, it was the scent of the new trash bags. The scent of the bag goes all the way to the 2 adjoining rooms. Confirmed when I put a new one in tonight. They will become yard bags. Can't be good for the bird if it annoyed me that much, much more "scenty" than a candle- even with the top on the can (step can, so the top is on the can except when tossing something in).

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yep, hubby buys them every now and then and stresses me out.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
HI Pat. Good to have you posting. I have used these bags before and the scent was very faint. Perhaps the manufacturers have changed something.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
No! Just use unscented regular bags and remove them daily, full or not,,you'll go through more, or use the plastic grocery bags for daily use and put them out. In my house, it's not worth the risk..just my opinion..

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I never understood the whole "scented" trash bags, even before my bird, they always smelled weird to me. That's remarkable that the smelled carried into two rooms! I never would have guessed. Good that you noticed.