• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scared and excited...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolkri

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
So worried I well mess up Twitter and she well be a bitter. I can deal with all sorts of things screaming shyness ect... but biting I just can't do. Not saying I never been bitten but it is very rarely and never draws blood.

What if my Twitter becomes a bitter? What if no matter what I do to prevent it, it happens anyways?

I keep telling my self none of my birds have the "bad" traits their suppose to have. Topaz is not mean when near her cage and Joey has yet to have an Amazon temper tantrum. Well my luck hold out?

Even Indy my rescued peach front is tamer then I ever thought he would be.

Please please let this be a good bird.

Ok just typing out loud to help calm my nerves. Thanks for reading.

It well be all right. It well be all right. It well be...........

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
It will be all right. It will! Even IF there is a biting phase that happens, you will learn each other and you will learn how to work together so it doesn't happen any more. :highfive: You can handle it.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
IT WILL Be all right:D:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
The way to handle it is to ignore any beakiness at all when their babys. What you pay attention to when they're little is what you reinforce. Keep foot toys on your person and redirect it. If she does bite on purpose, your body language needs to be crystal clear. You need to pick her up, put her back in her cage and totally ignore her for about 15 minutes. No yelling, no eye contact, leave the room, leave the house if you can. Truely knows I mean business when I totally ignore her because I interact with her so much. She can tell by my body language how hurt my feelings are.

Ginger

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
It will be fine, you will do great with her. :hug8: It isn’t as if you have never had to deal with this before, so you will know what to do.. not to mention you have a lot of people here to help you out IF it comes to that — but I think your nerves have just got the best of you right now (understandable), and they will calm as she settles in and you form a wonderful bond with her.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
There are no bad birds. It's their owner who is suppose to train them correctly that is at fault. Train your baby caique. Teach her. Guide her :)

Kolkri

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
Thanks you all. I have already been playing with her a lot. She is beaky but no so much it is annoying. I well learn to ignore it and I have tons of foot toys. I kept buying them but none of the birds here have any interest in them.
I have been rereading some of my parrot books on behavior and stuff. So I am feeling a little less overwhelmed.
Once again thanks so much. Ill be here a lot asking for help as things come up.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
First of all BREATHE :)

If you show Twitter fear and/or stress, that may actually cause biting so please calm down. IT WILL BE alright!
While it is good to be informed and do your research, don't do it to the point it stresses you out and overwhelms you. Take it day by day, show Twitter love and patience (as I'm sure you will, of course!) and IT WILL BE alright! :hug8:

Kolkri

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
Do I have to put her back in the cage? :lol: She found my hair and it having a ball.:dance4::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.