• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Saving the banana for later.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Chaos likes to 'save' things until he's ready for them.

This is how he kept the banana off the cage bottom. :p

006.jpg

His Clanger Banger comes in handy when he needs a place to store things.

Last edited by a moderator:

noice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Anna
I can just imagine him hauling a whole banana up there :laugh: What a smart boy ;)

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
gabby goes bananas for bananas... he takes a bite, pins his eyes and goes "mmm that's good" lol

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
If I walk into the birdroom with a piece of fruit, l have four or five birds land on my head and shoulders before I get to sit down in my chair. Then it is a free-for-all scramble for the birds to get a bite of my fruit before I do or all of the flock does. Nope, if I want my serving to remain mine, I better bring a large serving of cut up fruit to distract the flock so I can eat my serving with just Sunny Senegal and the lovebirds taking bites from it!

:yes3::shrug3:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
He's never ate a whole one yet, but the task of opening it, is one he devotes himself too religiously. It keeps him occupied for quite some time.

I'll find a half eaten, thoroughly chewed banana by the time I get home.

Nothing he really likes, ever hits the bottom of the cage. He places such things on items in his cage to keep them close at hand.

His Clanger Banger is often used for storage.

I usually do cut the bananas in wheels, but sometimes I'll give him a whole one just for fun.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I wonder if wild macaws do the same thing with high value foods they find while foraging. That type of thinking, saving food for later and guarding it from other animals, is really high level thinking and planning. It is just amazing what some birds can do with the size of brain they have. It just goes to show you size of brain is not all that important, it is what is programmed into the brain that is important.