• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Salty, smarty boy

Capt T.

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
So tonite we started color training, Salty and i. I got a set of brightly colored keys, baby teething toys actually. Salty has been playing with them a few days, so he was not frightened or scared of them. I selected the 3 primary color ones, red, yellow and blue. We did a few other tricks first. Then I placed them on his training area, about a foot apart. I picked each one up , held it up to him and named them a few times. And then I asked for the RED key, and I'll be damned if he didn't go to the red key and pick it up. We worked for 5 min on this and he got the colors right about 30% of the time. Not bad for a first timer! We'll work on this more in the coming days, but I was pretty impressed. He is such a smart little bird. I bet he will start to say the colors eventually, he says some of the other tricks he does (circle, shake hands).

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Wow! Very cool! He sounds like quite the smart little bird.
:smarty:

Capt T.

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
He continually impresses and surprises my family, and he is only 10 months old. I told my 25 year old son " You know what you were doing at 10 months?
Mostly crapping your diapers and sitting up. Oh how impressive".