• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe papers and colours

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
So I'm wanting to make some foraging toys for the birds as I can customise them to their tastes.

So some materials I can get from a bird safe store (paper rope, leather rope, beads, wood shapes, cardboard, quick links, leather squares, acrylic shapes, plastic links, crinkle paper, whiffle balls, finger traps etc.) Others I'll have to buy from shops. These include paper plates, coffee filters, card and paper, cupcake papers, different size straws, zip ties etc.( I know to avoid the glossy stuff)

What other things would you recommend. Also is the dye safe, it's for human consumption (gel stuff) I can't find vitaCritter? (Don't know spelling) so these ingredients safe?

Glucose syrup , Sugar , Water , Gelling agent: Carrageenan , Colour: Brilliant blue FCF (E 133) , Acidity regulators: Lactic acid, Acetic acid, Sodium lactate , Preservative: Potassium sorbate .

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Also what are your feelings on coloured card and paper? Would you suggest just to dye plain stuff myself or are the pre dyed ones safe?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew