• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent (sad update #9) Parakeet Flopping!

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
whle I am very very sorry for your loss and glad you made her comfortable,I disagree with this statement. If she had been brought to an avian vet, she might still be alive.
We were driving to the vet at the time! She didnt hardly last another hour and it was a good 3 hours to the vet! I tried. I am not a bad pet owner. I found an avian vet closer but guess what they were closed! I dont mean to sound rude but it really hurts me when people act like I dont try my best especially to save something. Heck just last week I found a stray cat and tried to save it. I had it three days and fell in love. I took it to the vet and turns out it had tumors in its mouth and couldnt eat. We had to put it down but at least I gave it a good last three days. At least I tried unlike its owner who threw it onto an interstate to die. I am compassionate and I fight hard but sometimes what I do just isnt enough and I know that atleast ME AND MY FAMILY can feel good about what we did because we tried. I have been told time and time again that I havent done enough and however much I thank everyone who helped me I just cant believe that somebody would tell me I shouldve done this and then a beautiful creature wouldnt have died because I did try to do that. Especially so soon after I finally stopped crying. I felt completely guilty and my mother stayed up with me far past midnight trying to stop me from crying. Trying to get me sleep even though she knew I wouldnt. Even though she knew that I would sit in my bedroom wishing I could have done more so if you will please excuse me I have to go try to stop feeling guilty. Thank You so much. P.S I know I probably sound rude and spoiled which I try not to be but these comments hurt me more than you might understand. I loved my Luna Belle and now shes gone.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
We were driving to the vet at the time! She didnt hardly last another hour and it was a good 3 hours to the vet! I tried. I am not a bad pet owner. I found an avian vet closer but guess what they were closed! I dont mean to sound rude but it really hurts me when people act like I dont try my best especially to save something. Heck just last week I found a stray cat and tried to save it. I had it three days and fell in love. I took it to the vet and turns out it had tumors in its mouth and couldnt eat. We had to put it down but at least I gave it a good last three days. At least I tried unlike its owner who threw it onto an interstate to die. I am compassionate and I fight hard but sometimes what I do just isnt enough and I know that atleast ME AND MY FAMILY can feel good about what we did because we tried. I have been told time and time again that I havent done enough and however much I thank everyone who helped me I just cant believe that somebody would tell me I shouldve done this and then a beautiful creature wouldnt have died because I did try to do that. Especially so soon after I finally stopped crying. I felt completely guilty and my mother stayed up with me far past midnight trying to stop me from crying. Trying to get me sleep even though she knew I wouldnt. Even though she knew that I would sit in my bedroom wishing I could have done more so if you will please excuse me I have to go try to stop feeling guilty. Thank You so much. P.S I know I probably sound rude and spoiled which I try not to be but these comments hurt me more than you might understand. I loved my Luna Belle and now shes gone.
was not t rying to be hurtful...or say anything about you....but others that read that particular post might think it is ok to sit back and not get a vet..it was just the way you worded it. My comment was to emphasize the need for vet care and that love is not enough sometimes. I do apologize if it hurt your feelings. It was more meant for those people out there who get advice and then just sit back and do nothing. Gain so sorry for your loss

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh Sophia, I'm so sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue