• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sad news and Happy news

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Poor Miss Piggy got hit by my OH, Jack's car or the automatic garage door (we don't know) at night last week and died before he found her.:( Jack was so devastated I was very worried for him, so I suggested he get a new cat. To my surprise, he followed up on my idea and it cheered him up. He went and picked up two of Piggy's babies today that had not been adopted out by Paws and Claws yet. Two of the four were adopted together by a lady. He's been shopping at Petsmart for cat furniture and gourmet cat foods and I was happy to see he wasn't dwelling on poor Miss Piggy. Here is a cellphone pic he just sent me. They are indoor cats and time sharing the house with my cat Misty who is 14 and sleeps much of the time. Tiny (the tortoiseshell) - the one he bottlefed, is back and Timmy (the rescue named the tabbies Timmy and Tommy). Timmy loves to be petted and is purring. It's good to see him (OH) happy again.
:)

photo.JPG

Last edited:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
omg I want to cry :( first for the loss of Miss Piggy, but to be able to get her 2 kittens back omg, so joyous for Jack :hug8:

whoa I'm so glad for the kitties and Jack!
Tiny!! :cheer:

Is Misty tolerating them okay?

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Oh I'm so sorry about Miss Piggy! :( But it's nice you have 2 of the kittens back to stay.

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Poor lil miss Piggy, I hope she didn't suffer...& those two are scrumptious :heart:
I love cats....:)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
omg I want to cry :( first for the loss of Miss Piggy, but to be able to get her 2 kittens back omg, so joyous for Jack :hug8:

whoa I'm so glad for the kitties and Jack!
Tiny!! :cheer:

Is Misty tolerating them okay?
thanks folks! I'm quite sure now it was the garage door that hit her. Her injury didn't look like a car.
Martine, I'm at work so right now the kittens are in the computer room playing with Jack - he picked them up 1/2 hour ago. Misty hated Miss Piggy (and Freaky Cat -- the other not so tame outdoor cat who belongs to the neighbor) so we'll have to see very cautiously. In any case they will be contained in the bedroom when we are out, as they might trip Jack's 84 year old mom who walks with a cane. He'll supervise when they are running around the house. Keeps sending me pics :D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is that the kitty that was his favourite?:eek: What's OH stand for?

:hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:( rip Miss Piggy. :hug8: He's buying gourmet food? I thought you guys were into purchasing raw chicken breasts and boiling them for your cats?:huh:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Is that the kitty that was his favourite?:eek: What's OH stand for?

:hug8:
yes Tiny is his favorite. OH: Other Half (not necessarily better :coffeescreen:)

:( rip Miss Piggy. :hug8: He's buying gourmet food? I thought you guys were into purchasing raw chicken breasts and boiling them for your cats?:huh:
we got lazy. Now we just buy rotisserie roast chicken from Publix. The cats get the breast meat, MIL likes the legs. So it works out :D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
they used to nap in this when they were babies -- now they barely fit!:)

nap.JPG

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Sorry about Miss Piggy.

So glad you were able to get 2 of her kittens.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I love the new pics, keep them coming!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I love the new pics, keep them coming!
Jack had thrown the S curve scratcher away after the kittens left, so he got a new one lol. He also got a small cat tree which Misty promptly tried out last night. The lady who was fostering them is on dialysis so stays home. She volunteers for PAws and Claws. She had a ton of cats running around in her house. A while back a sick foster came in and infected the whole lot. Tiny and Timmy just got done with antibiotics, though he says Timmy's eyes are still slightly watering. He's going to get them microchipped soon and of course fixed when they are older. He bought some cans of kitten milk to chop up chicken breast in for Tiny -- it used to be her favorite meal :D

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

Jack had thrown the S curve scratcher away after the kittens left, so he got a new one lol. He also got a small cat tree which Misty promptly tried out last night. The lady who was fostering them is on dialysis so stays home. She volunteers for PAws and Claws. She had a ton of cats running around in her house. A while back a sick foster came in and infected the whole lot. Tiny and Timmy just got done with antibiotics, though he says Timmy's eyes are still slightly watering. He's going to get them microchipped soon and of course fixed when they are older. He bought some cans of kitten milk to chop up chicken breast in for Tiny -- it used to be her favorite meal :D
So happy Tiny was still there, Jack and Tiny had such a bond :heart:

I want to see the cat trees :D Jazell needs a new one, but she only likes carpeted ones and tall, not sisal. Diva :lol:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Really sorry about the loss of Ms. Piggy. But glad you got right back up on the horse. :hug8:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So sorry Saroj! :hug8::hug8::hug8:

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I'm sad for Miss Piggy, and happy for the kittens. :hug8:

Are you feeding primarily roasted chicken? If you are, that is not an adequate diet for cats. They need taurine for the health of their hearts, and if they don't get sufficient taurine, they will die at a young age from heart problems. Taurine is found in some raw organ meats. The processing that cat food undergoes destroys most of the naturally occurring taurine, so manufacturers add taurine back in.

That's only one the most vital of the nutrients that cats need that isn't found in a limited diet such as chicken meat or fish. It's possible to feed cats a well balanced non-commercial diet, but it takes a good knowledge base and a substantial amount of effort. It's much easier to feed dogs a homemade diet, but the nutritional needs of dogs are much closer to those of humans.

I just wanted to warn you about the taurine in particular. Two of my cats were seized as part of the closure of a puppy/kitten mill. All of the adult cats taken as part of that seizure died within a year from various heart complications because of the taurine inadequate diet they were fed. My guys are now coming into the age where that early taurine deficiency will make itself felt, and it's something that I worry about.