• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rough Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvermuse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Annemarie & John
We have been learning more and more each day about our 4 month old baby Goldie's Lorikeet. They do love to play and right now because Gillies is such a baby, he's learning too.

He can play/bite a bit hard, so we have to put him down and let him relax. Hopefully he'll learn not to bite as hard while playing. He's fine sitting on my shoulder and will gently preen my hair and nibble me.

He absolutely abhors getting tickled. I learned that the hard way! He will get on his back to play, but I have to stay away from his belly or he'll freak.

He has been different every day. One day he'll be gentle and quiet, other days he wants to run around and go crazy. I really need to learn more about behavior and understand him more. I guess that will take some time.

John

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
I'd love to see some videos of him playing! :bounce4:

silvermuse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Annemarie & John
I will post many videos very soon. I missed one yesterday when he took his first bath by himself! He loved it. He dropped his belly in and flapped his wings ...the water was everywhere.
:lol:

John

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Aww! Baby birds! I too look forward to pictures and stories. He's just a baby, he's learning what his beak can do. I still have to remind Jasper to be gentle from time to time, and he's 24 years old!

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Well I think parrots are like us, each day we are in different moods and they can be too. I learnt that when mine are in bad moods I just leave them alone. This is when they start biting and getting cranky. You will eventually be able to tell what kind of mood he is in. When Boomer's feathers start standing up and puffing up he's in a bad mood and when Chiquita starts bashing the bars of her cage with her beak she is in a bad mood. Stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.