• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Roudybush

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I’ve read a lot lately about soy and Roudybush
As soy in it according to ingredients shall I totally avoid roudybush remi prefers it but will eat Hagen tropical

which is best or should I order some Harrison’s and try him on them are they the best

might be just timing but he’s been back on roudybush for four days and today he was very nippy grumpy but then he’s coming upto 7months not sure this means anything to a gcc though hormones wise etc or if he was just having an off day which we are allowed haha :rofl:

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Little Remi is growing up…
I haven’t fed Roudybush but I think Harrison’s is a step up from the Zupreem Lucy liked (since I couldn’t always feed the little princess TOPS).
i think unless your bird has a food allergy the best pellet is the one your bird will eat. And I stay away from the colored fruity pebbles pellets because they make the poop stain.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The best pellet is the one your bird will eat, does well on, and that fits your budget. :)

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Little Remi is growing up…
I haven’t fed Roudybush but I think Harrison’s is a step up from the Zupreem Lucy liked (since I couldn’t always feed the little princess TOPS).
i think unless your bird has a food allergy the best pellet is the one your bird will eat. And I stay away from the colored fruity pebbles pellets because they make the poop stain.
They have discontinued all the fruit pellets in the UK now. It is something to do with the coloring. Amazon and the big pet stores can't get it from their suppliers anymore.
It's sad because Dolly and Frankie both loved it. More so Dolly. Frankie loves Harrison's.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
They have discontinued all the fruit pellets in the UK now. It is something to do with the coloring. Amazon and the big pet stores can't get it from their suppliers anymore.
It's sad because Dolly and Frankie both loved it. More so Dolly. Frankie loves Harrison's.
Really I didn’t know that

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
The best pellet is the one your bird will eat, does well on, and that fits your budget. :)
What about the soy content toudybush and Harrison same price base enoug which is better out of two ?

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I know humans who have reproductive issues or cancer sometimes avoid soy products; I don’t know if it’s a concern with birds.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I know humans who have reproductive issues or cancer sometimes avoid soy products; I don’t know if it’s a concern with birds.
I’ve see a few posts on here about it now

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What about the soy content toudybush and Harrison same price base enoug which is better out of two ?
I'm not bothered about the soy content personally.

Out of the two? Harrison's because it's organic and my birds actually eat it lol

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I'm not bothered about the soy content personally.

Out of the two? Harrison's because it's organic.
Thank you I may use my bag of roubybush and get Harrison’s

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Really I didn’t know that
When I sent you all those tempting pictures from Zoar's Ark, they informed me they couldn't get it anymore and explained why.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
When I sent you all those tempting pictures from Zoar's Ark, they informed me they couldn't get it anymore and explained why.
Very tempting pictures I can’t believe you leave there empty handed :wideyed: that’s a shame hope you find one dolly loves as much

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I tried Harrisons, and no one would touch it. Such a waste of money :arghh:

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
If I had a bird with a reproductive cancer or egg issue I might well avoid soy.

Willow loves his Harrison’s, though he’d probably like the high potency diet better. And Jasper will eat zupreem or Harrison’s. Thank goodness she is a great eater!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I tried Harrisons, and no one would touch it. Such a waste of money :arghh:
Burt loved roudybush so much, from the first second he grabbed a pellet. I fed harrisons for quite a while after roudybush was no longer available here and it was quite reluctantly eaten and even the wild birds were less interested in the harrisons pellets which mostly got thrown on the floor- they would pick all the other pellets out of the waste before eating the harrisons which were often left on the ground for the dog lol

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Burt loved roudybush so much, from the first second he grabbed a pellet. I fed harrisons for quite a while after roudybush was no longer available here and it was quite reluctantly eaten and even the wild birds were less interested in the harrisons pellets which mostly got thrown on the floor- they would pick all the other pellets out of the waste before eating the harrisons which were often left on the ground for the dog lol
Mmmm maybe that says a lot

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I did start Willow with the fatty yummy high potency Harrison’s diet. The small pellets were similar looking to seeds so I thought with his suspicions about new things they might be accepted better.

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sprite and Marshmallow love Harrison's, and sometimes even choose it over seeds. I wonder if maybe the pellet size is an issue for some birds? I've tried feeding them the fine and the super fine pellets. They love super fine, but they wouldn't even touch the fine.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Sprite and Marshmallow love Harrison's, and sometimes even choose it over seeds. I wonder if maybe the pellet size is an issue for some birds? I've tried feeding them the fine and the super fine pellets. They love super fine, but they wouldn't even touch the fine.
I do wish they had more sizes. Ripley would prefer a bigger one I think

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I thought the same, and broke it up to smaller pieces - Isadora was very clear about her feelings, and Tteok is usually a garbage disposal with pellets, and he wouldn't touch them at all