• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rose Breasted Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am so afraid to let Goofy and Strawberry out together. Partly because I'm afraid they will hurt each other and partly because I'm afraid that they are the opposite sex and I'll end up with some bizarre mutant hybrid babies.:eek: I usually call them both her but I really suspect that Goofy really is a boy.

And it does seem that Galahs crossbreed often. I've seen a cross between a RB2 and a cockatiel and a cross between a RB2 and a Major Mitchell cockatoo. I have no interest in seeing what happens if you cross a G2 and a RB2 but I'd most likely end up raising at least one clutch out of curiosity.

Do they like each other?

Ginger

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Ok, I'm going to bow down here unless Kirby can't find another home. I'd love to take him but I'd have to have him flown to me and it would just be crazy. So, if he can't find another home, I'll still consider him, but I think he won't have a problem finding a good home.

Mark, as for Goofy and Strawberry, you really don't have to worry about them mating when they're out and about. It would take more than casual contact to get a fertilized egg. So, as long as you kept an eye on them and made sure that they weren't doing anything *fishy*, you should be fine. They might really enjoy each other's company outside their cages. I know that, even though my greys don't completely get along, they do fine being out of the cage together. They're actually quite funny together and will steal foot toys from each other.

Robin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Ok jen . I talked to the guy this morning and he said the lady in NY was pretty interested and they are to meet on the 16th of April, so we shall see how that goes. If it falls through I will let you know :)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So, are you telling me that Kirby will be available until April 16th!??!?!?!!? I could very easily change my mind by then! UGH! My sister is already hinting that we should take a 13 hour road trip....man, even my sister is an enabler!

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
No, if the deal falls through he would be available after the 16th.

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Update..... Kirby has a new home in Manasas Va.
I don't know what happened to the lady in NY, he didn't say anything about that so I just let it be. He said he went to a real good home. Who knows maybe one day they will show up on the forum, I hope so. Even though I didn't know Kirby personally I felt attached to him and I hope he's loving his new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.