• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

RIP my sweet kitty </3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I am finally getting around to posting this as its been really hard for me over the past day without her here. I want this thread to be a way I can celebrate the time I had with her <3

To my sweet sweet kitty,
Around 18 years ago you were born in my parents bedroom. As a three almost four year old I was so excited for there to be kittens in my house. I told all my friends! I played with you and your brothers and sisters every day until you guys turned 8 weeks when my parents told me I could only keep one.

I kept my sweet Piglet. Throughout the years you've always been here purring away. Every day coming home to you sleeping on my bed. Over the past year your health had been declining and we were having a hard time keeping weight on but we all tried to give you the happiest home possible over this past year. Through all of the vet visits and medication you still always slept right up next to me with a big purr, you always were there waiting for me when I came home from school. The last night of you showed me just how happy you really were. Purring away cuddled up with my 3 year old niece and I.

Thank you for helping me grow <3

After 18 years she went through it all with me. Preschool all the way up to my last year of college. Being as she was MY first pet this has just been a hard experience for me. She passed away in her sleep right were she always waited for me to come home from class.

Over the past day people have made me realize how lucky I am for having her in my life and also how lucky I am that she went peacefully in her sleep were she was comfortable and not scared and at the vet.

I feel like she knew her time was near because all week she's been loving and cuddling with everyone a lot more than normal. Even my dogs left her alone and usually they atleast barked at her. Ever since her health has started declining I've been trying to mentally prepare myself because I knew how old she really was and I know she couldn't live forever. I never thought it was going to be this soon.

Here's the last photo I took of her, she was happy as can be asleep next to me on the couch one night when I was up studying. :heart:

67180_2081308639070_1624374430_n.jpg

Rest in Peace my sweet Piglet, I will miss you and will see you again someday. :(

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
:sadhug: I'm so sorry, Erica

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm so sorry to hear about this :( It sounds like she was an awesome companion, and I cry with you :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am so sorry for your loss.:sadhug: RIP beautiful Piglet.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm soooo sorry Erica!!
Rest is piece, sweet Piglet.
:hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Theres catnip in heaven little girl. Im sorry for your loss.:hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:( I'm so sorry

Brooke

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Brooke
Oh, Erica, i'm so sorry. I'm crying with you. I too lost my cat of 18 years. She was my first pet, Joon, I had her since I was a year old. We went through everything together; stupid boyfriends, school, arguments with mom and dad. She was always there for me. She had a stroke one night and became... a noodle, I had her euthanized at the vet.
It's so hard to lose your best friend, I feel your pain. I still tear up thinking about her. Things will get easier with time, I promise. It's good to look back on the good times you had together, rather than regret silly things that constantly cross your mind.

Just keep on truckin', she'll be waiting for you :o: :hug8:

ThatDarnBird

I'm so sorry. :( Be at peace little Piglet and watch over your mom, her heart is sore because she misses you so much. :hug8:

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a special kitty you had. I bet that she was one o the happiest with you :hug8:

Sorry that you had to say goodbye (hugs) but it is nice to remember the food stuff!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
:sadhug:Iam so sorry for your loss. It is always heart breaking to lose a beloved companion. I still get teary eyed when I think of the ones I have lost over the years.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'm sorry. :(
It sounds like Piglet had a long, wonderful life. That's really beautiful you two got to share so many years together. She raised you well. :sadhug2:

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
How sad. Hugs

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award