• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Right bird, wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

platinum

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sharon
So... I feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I've been in contact with the owner of a IRN who very much needs a new home... His current owner hasn't done anything bad, but admits he's just not a bird person, and really doesn't have the money to give the birds he has (he has 2) what they need.

This baby is in the same cage we had Rain in at first. It's marketed as a "cockatiel" cage... I felt it was too small for Rain (we upgraded her after a month)... I loved it for one budgie, but upgraded when we got Riot.

I'm at a point where it wouldn't really be a bad idea. I'm making pretty good money, I definitely can afford a third bird. Noise wouldn't be an issue where we live, and he wouldn't effect future housing situations anymore than Rain or the puppy we're getting. I will have the money very soon to get him a better cage and toys, and I have room to quarantine.

The trick is, my Mom/landlord doesn't want another bird in the house. She has no real objections, other than not wanting it. The noise doesn't bother her, we have several air filters dealing with any allergy/air quality issues, we vacuum daily, and we're adults who take care of our own pets. She just doesn't "want" it.

I just needed to rant... This baby needs help, and he would be a great addition to my flock.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It's easier to ask for forgiveness after you have her than to try get permission before. Just sayin' :)

CosmoKramer

Real Name
Zach
That stinks! Im with John on this one :)

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
I'm also standing in John's corner here. We are such good influences, aren't we? :hehe:

platinum

Real Name
Sharon
You guys are bad...

I'm tempted to do just that... but she was mad for months when we did that with Riot... can you imagine being upset over a baby budgie? I can't imagine how upset she'd be with a ringneck...

Maybe I could convince her to let me "foster" him? Like a long term foster, where I don't really look for a different home?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Maybe I could convince her to let me "foster" him? Like a long term foster, where I don't really look for a different home?
Hey, whatever works!!! I like!!! :lol:

CosmoKramer

Real Name
Zach
:hehe: :hehe: Do whatever it takes, because you know it IS to rescue that poor poor baby! ;)

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
The "foster" idea could just work. Or maybe something like, "I swear, I went to leave for work and this cage was sitting on the steps. They must have know I was a crazy bird lady."

CosmoKramer

Real Name
Zach
"I swear, I went to leave for work and this cage was sitting on the steps. They must have know I was a crazy bird lady."
That reminds me of what my friends mom said (They have a budgie and her and her mom want another but dad says no) She said you know what We are gonna get another and if he asks we say we think Stanley (current budgie) had an egg!

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
:rofl: Zach, that is funny. Stanley laid an egg! Love it.

jeanna

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran

That reminds me of what my friends mom said (They have a budgie and her and her mom want another but dad says no) She said you know what We are gonna get another and if he asks we say we think Stanley (current budgie) had an egg!
I don't know why, but that actually made me laugh out loud.

Just get the bird, tell your mom you're fostering as a favor to a friend, and never mention it again. :D

impala400

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
It's easier to ask for forgiveness after you have her than to try get permission before. Just sayin' :)
The "foster" idea could just work. Or maybe something like, "I swear, I went to leave for work and this cage was sitting on the steps. They must have know I was a crazy bird lady."
I'll have to remember these the next time I come across a needy bird.
I hope you're able to persuade your mom . Or...
But mom, I swear I've had that one for months.:lol:

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
LOL, take it a step further, you are watching it for them. And, they never came back. :D

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww,I hope that you are able to get the poor little IRN.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Fingers crossed everything works out and you get the IRN! :)

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
:D
I would talk to her about the foster situation and see what she says. I've used that one before! Except before I went and got the bird I told Paul that I knew I was going to get attached, and he broke down and said that I could keep them both. And then he met Akira, and he LOVES her (you should have seen him in there talking to her about her brand new cage and asking if she wanted him to go and get her a new toy when he went to the petstore?).

Just sayin' :D

Status
Not open for further replies.