• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Review of Quaking Canopy Shaving Soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yesterday I used Quaking Canopy's Whim of Euphoria shaving cream on my legs and may I say that I am very very pleased with the results.:starshower:It is the first time that I have ever purchased any kind of hygiene/skin care product over the internet and I really wasn't expecting much out of it. I figured I'd just try it out and be done after the first time.:hehe:
Using this product was not not difficult at all. Instructions came with it and I consulted Coco's review thread before using it last night. It was my first time using a shaving soap and brush to shave my legs and I must say that I was a bit skeptical. Lo and behold this product did not disappoint. :)

When you add water and swirl with the brush the product becomes frothy really quickly. A bit like when you beat eggs really quicky. I still wasn't certain of the the results, however I am happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised.

I'd also add that is great to discover that a little bit goes a long way for maximum results with this shaving soap. My legs feel so smooth and silky soft today.:cloud9:

Thank you Amanda for such a special product. I don't think I could ever go back to regular shaving cream. This was really a great experience and I have no hesitation about purchasing MORE and MORE in the future.:heart: Thank you for underpromising and overdelivering!

Last edited:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Re: Review of Quaking Canopy Shaving Cream.

Ooh! Very glad to read this! I haven't actually tried it yet. My S.O. commandeered it as his own. I had to purchase a new one :o:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh! Very glad to read this! I haven't actually tried it yet. My S.O. commandeered it as his own. I had to purchase a new one :o:
It's very nice stuff. :) You'll enjoy the results!

Last edited:

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I've been on her website a few times and then I'm thwarted each time by the shopping cart! There's no option to ship to Australia. :(

Amanda, I hope you see this thread and can advise me on how much shipping to Australia would be for say... 2 or 3 soaps? :D

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

It's very nice stuff. :) You'll enjoy the results!
I hope so! My S.O. likes it a lot but wants his own shaving brush. My latest order has shaving soap for me (Honey Almond Oatmeal) along with two shaving brushes :D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've been on her website a few times and then I'm thwarted each time by the shopping cart! There's no option to ship to Australia. :(

Amanda, I hope you see this thread and can advise me on how much shipping to Australia would be for say... 2 or 3 soaps? :D
If possible, I recommend that you buy more to make shipping costs worth it. They're really that great. This way you won't have to restock in a long time.

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month

If possible, I recommend that you buy more to make shipping costs worth it. They're really that great. This way you won't have to restock in a long time.
That's a good idea! You do make the shaving soap sound very appealing!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

I believe that Amanda has said in some thread or another that she only ships to the U.S. and Canada at this time :(

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month

I believe that Amanda has said in some thread or another that she only ships to the U.S. and Canada at this time :(
Oh no! :(

I will have to kindly ask all AA members to stop posting threads about her awesome products! If I can't have any, no one should!! :lol:

quakingcanopy

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Kelsey - I've gotten a few requests to ship overseas, so I would really like to figure out what is required of me for that! I DO know that in some cases, I simply cannot. Some countries will not allow liquids to be shipped in. But, I will do some research and see if I can ship to Australia, and about what it would cost, and PM you ASAP!

Thanks for the lovely review!! I used my shave soap the first totally skeptical. I made it because I knew another farm who made it, but I didn't like their stuff. It dried my skin out so bad and the lather was very disappointing - I spent $25 on it too!! :mad: In my usual fashion I thought, "I can surely do better then this..." So, I made a batch and hit the bathtub to give it a try. I loved it, really. I was straining my arm to pat my own back :rofl: The lather was nice and fluffy, and my skin felt so nice afterwards. I didn't even have to use lotion which I ALWAYS do after shaving or my skin looks white and flaky from how dry it gets. I'm excited to share this with everyone and hope it continues:highfive: to be a hit.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:dance4:Your shaving soap does moisturize the skin really well!! It's delightful!!:dance4:

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Hmmm...I totally meant to order during the SWS & got so busy I forgot!

Husband has been using shaving soap for the past 2 years, and it still amazes me how much we save in NOT buying shaving creme from the can...I never thought to use it for myself.

Your prices are amazing - I think I'm going to bite the bullet :D

Thank you for the review!!

Susan and Oliver

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I got my sws order from Quaking Canopy 4 0r 5 days ago. These are exceptional products. I have extremely dry skin and I already see dramatic improvement in just a few days using the soap and lotion. I also ordered the shaving cream kit but haven't tried it yet because I lost the shave cream right after I opened the box. I looked everywhere...through the garbage, under the furniture, in the freezer...it just vaporized. I gave up last night and just decided to reorder today. This morning my husband went out to mow the lawn and showed up later with the shave cream which he said he found laying on the lawn a long way from the house. I have not even gone to that area of the yard since spring cleanup. That's just weird!! How did it get there???<br>
<br>
Off to shave my legs! Sounds like it's going to be a great experience. Hope my soap is still where I put it ...

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I got my sws order from Quaking Canopy 4 0r 5 days ago. These are exceptional products. I have extremely dry skin and I already see dramatic improvement in just a few days using the soap and lotion. I also ordered the shaving cream kit but haven't tried it yet because I lost the shave cream right after I opened the box. I looked everywhere...through the garbage, under the furniture, in the freezer...it just vaporized. I gave up last night and just decided to reorder today. This morning my husband went out to mow the lawn and showed up later with the shave cream which he said he found laying on the lawn a long way from the house. I have not even gone to that area of the yard since spring cleanup. That's just weird!! How did it get there???<br>
<br>
Off to shave my legs! Sounds like it's going to be a great experience. Hope my soap is still where I put it ...
:confused::rofl: You crack me up!

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
<br>
:eek: :laughing11: You don't have any curious doggies, do you?? :p

Susan and Oliver

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan

:eek: :laughing11: You don't have any curious doggies, do you?? :p
Nope, no dogs, kids, grandkids at home. It's a big mystery??? I did consider my weird neighbour may have visited.

:confused::rofl: You crack me up!
Funny for you but the third time I looked under the furniture I really thought perhaps I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

quakingcanopy

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
<br>
:hehe:That's a mystery for the record books!!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
<br>
That is strange indeed!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.