• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Reunited, and it feels so good!

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I don’t know if anyone will remember me, I lurked around quite a bit back in the day.

2019 I lost my mother and met my future husband. Join him in Germany for two years. We tried to bring the birds, had a shipper, but Covid restrictions put a halt to that (I was also scared they’d die during transport). Luckily my family kept them while I was gone. It was difficult I miss them, and felt very guilty leaving them (video chatted them everyday which my father thought I was crazy for lol).

Anyway…. I’m back in the states and have my feathered beasts back! I thought it would be hard to get them to trust me again but we picked up our relationship like I never really left. Of course Uchtred has decided she likes my husband and 19month old son better than me (lil hussy). Oh! And I finally have a bird room space! Still need to figure out how to divide it up so no birdy wars start but I feel so much closer to having one :)

I have to replace a lot of their stuff and work with Jellybean as he started plucking when mom passed and accelerated after I left :( but I’m confident we will be able to work through it.

Anyway this was long! Here’s to being reunited with your family! Hip hip hooray!

Pic of their Birdie space. Anyone has any ideas on how to divide it so they don’t come in contact with each other I’m all ears! I already know I gotta replace the light with something flatter.

0E8AD789-50BA-421B-A00B-2C0F9F4F85DF.jpeg

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I really like your birds’ space!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Aw yay! I’m so glad you were able to get them back! Were they thrilled to see you?

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Aw yay! I’m so glad you were able to get them back! Were they thrilled to see you?
My blue crowned conure, Bean, was very excited. He actually flew at me and missed his landing and accidentally grabbed my face with his beak :dead: but he was very apologetic, rubbing his head against me, and telling me how pretty I was lol. My sun and black capped conure were a little grumpy with me for like half a day but got over it quick and my green cheek… well he’s always been kind of a grumpy, mean butthole, we keep him for his looks not his temperament :lol:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Congratulations!@!@@
Im taking this idea shared by @Parutti !!! Total credit to her@
Hang a clear shower curtain between the cages! $ 1.25 st the dollar store so cheap and easy to replace. I would use ceiling hooks and fishing line to hang

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Congratulations!@!@@
Im taking this idea shared by @Parutti !!! Total credit to her@
Hang a clear shower curtain between the cages!
Yes! We actually discussed using shower curtains when talking about how to keep the walls clean. I seen someone do it on a Facebook post and I was like dang this would’ve saved me the berry wall massacre stains :facepalm:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
So glad you got your flock back and they loved seeing you

welcome back :heart:
Can’t wait to see more pictures

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I remember you and your flock, so glad you and your feathered family are reunited again, and congratulations on gaining your human family!
Are you looking for something to completely divide the room, or something you can slide open like a curtain?
For the walls I would definitely recommend to paint them with cleanable paint. Not sure of the brands in America, I used Sikkens. I painted our whole house with paint like that, any mess you can just wipe off with a wet towel!

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:congrats5:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome back!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Welcome back!

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I remember you and your flock, so glad you and your feathered family are reunited again, and congratulations on gaining your human family!
Are you looking for something to completely divide the room, or something you can slide open like a curtain?
For the walls I would definitely recommend to paint them with cleanable paint. Not sure of the brands in America, I used Sikkens. I painted our whole house with paint like that, any mess you can just wipe off with a wet towel!
Thank you! I will miss Germany but I’m glad to have everyone together again.

It would definitely need to be completely divided. I just don’t wanna take the chance of one of them squeezing through the curtain. My husband wants to go this weekend and look at our options, he thinks he can do something like install a wall or stainless steel mesh with a gap between. If not, he said we’ll have a contractor come look at it. We want to do French doors to close the room, but also let them be able to look out at us. We got a list of ideas. Just gotta figure out what will work best. If I can find a curtain divider that will go up snug against the ceiling and floor it might be a good temporary fix till we have a solid plan. I’ll look at paint while we are at the store too I know they sell something similar.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Thank you! I will miss Germany but I’m glad to have everyone together again.

It would definitely need to be completely divided. I just don’t wanna take the chance of one of them squeezing through the curtain. My husband wants to go this weekend and look at our options, he thinks he can do something like install a wall or stainless steel mesh with a gap between. If not, he said we’ll have a contractor come look at it. We want to do French doors to close the room, but also let them be able to look out at us. We got a list of ideas. Just gotta figure out what will work best. If I can find a curtain divider that will go up snug against the ceiling and floor it might be a good temporary fix till we have a solid plan. I’ll look at paint while we are at the store too I know they sell something similar.
I understand, it must have been a wonderful experience to move to a completely different country.
That sounds like a really cool plan. Please share pictures when you are done! You could build a divider using aluminium frames and wire on both sides if you are concerned about fights through the wire. Plexiglass is quite expensive around here but could be a nice option. But you couldn’t easily attach perches to it.

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
@TikiMyn

It was amazing I never thought I’d ever leave the area I was born and raise then boom I’m in Europe sightseeing

You could build a divider using aluminium frames and wire on both sides if you are concerned about fights through the wire.
The aluminum frames is a great idea I didn’t think about that!

This would all be simpler if they just got along but nope, they choose violence everyday.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Hi! Welcome back. Of course I remember you. Funny as I was wondering how you were just this week! I'm so glad life is being a bit gentler to you. You can do sheer curtains for now and if worried someone is going to slip through, put a pvc pipe wrapped around the sides and bottom for weight.

I would just grab some 2x2's and stainless steel screen and run it down the center. I was going to set up three walkins at the end of the room but alas, my baby toe is broken all to heck so it will have to wait a few weeks.

I'm so glad to see you again :hug4:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez