• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rest in Peace Candy!:( :( (one of our cats)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Today we had to put my cat that I've had since I was 8 years old to sleep. I'm so sorry Candy and my family and the other kitties we have will miss you dearly.. :( My dad rescued Candy from a job site in 1999 as a 4 week old kitten, she was an abandoned stray. She was my first pet and now she's gone.. :( I shouldn't have even bothered to put makeup on cause it's gone now. Candy, we all loved you and you were the best kitty ever, you had a good life with us and we will miss you!:(

Here's a picture of my sweet little baby...

Attachments

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
We noticed that she was in the litterbox longer than she usually is but we just thought she had a lot in her. Then this morning, we noticed she was in the litterbox but nothing would come out except a drop or 2. We rushed her to the vet as soon as we noticed.The vet did a bunch of tests on her and she couldn't figure out what was wrong, including blood taken and the urine tested as well as an ultrasound and she couldn't see any blockage, just that her bladder was very full and the tubes were stretched and she was in pain.

She said that we could take her to another vet and have exploratory surgery done and we were willing to do that, but the vet also said that she was so small (she was only 4 pounds and 13 years old) that she probably wouldn't survive the surgery (she almost died when we had her spayed) and so we decided to do the best thing for Candy. Now she's in Heaven with other kitties..

Last edited:

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
It is always difficult to loose a loved pet. :hug8:

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
:sadhug: I'm so sorry Victoria.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
rest in peace Candy...so sorry for your loss Victoria..

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Thank you everyone! I'm just trying to look at it in a better way, at least she's not in pain anymore and she's free from all the troubles of this world.. I know that when something bad happens, God has a way of changing it into something good or He has a way of making things get better..

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry for your loss.

Matt

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
thanks.. we buried her under some beautiful, big trees in our front yard near a red bud tree with beautiful red leaves on it.. It doesn't seem real... I'm trying to stay positive and realize that she's in Heaven now with all her kitty friends.

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Victoria, putting her down is the most humane decision you could have made for her at her age and in her frail condition. I agree with the vet that exploratory examinations would have likely prolonged her pain and possibly needlessly. She knew she was loved (her expression of contentment just says it all) and the best thing is that she lived without being rehomed for her entire life full of love. What is better than that???:blkcat::sadhug2:

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
I'm so sorry for your loss Victoria, she was a precious looking little girl. RIP Candy:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ohhh...I'm so sorry V for your great loss. :sadhug2:

2beloved cat.jpg

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
very sorry for your loss Victoria. :sadhug2:

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
I'm sorry for your loss Victoria :( I know what it is like to lose a special cat:sadhug2:

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am so sorry. :hug8::hug8:

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Thanks everyone.. you guys are the best and I love you all!! Sylvia, you're so right.. and thank you everyone so much for the prayers and hugs.. they mean a lot to me and I'm glad to call you guys my friends for many many reason! :hug4:

Status
Not open for further replies.