• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescued BG Macaw Lenny ***All Shiny and New*** UPDATE ADOPTED

2macshan

Strolling the yard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
YOU GUYS.
I posted on my Facebook about Petri finding his home and one of my old friends from high school contacted me about ANOTHER blue and gold owned by her mother.
"Do you want it?" Me: Yes of course!!!!!
(Secretly having a panic attack and mental breakdown)
Long story short, that was 5 pm last night. Sarah swoops in and saves the day, connects me with a person who is going to get this bird the help it needs. I am picking her up tonight at 8:00 and meeting him halfway for the exchange. The bird is not coming to my house. Meet Lenny....

2macshan

Strolling the yard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm even hesitant to ruin this thread with the sadness of this creature, but here she is. I have not seen her yet.

Attachments

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Long story short, that was 5 pm last night. Sarah swoops in and saves the day, connects me with a person who is going to get this bird the help it needs. I am picking her up tonight at 8:00 and meeting him halfway for the exchange. The bird is not coming to my house. Meet Lenny....

To be honest, I lost some sleep but since you said she would surrender her this morning... I never left my couch to rehome her. I messaged 5 people, 4 of which are AA members. Each one responded within 1/2 hour and offered all the help they could give. 2 members offered to pay her full vet bills, which I would have done too. :) The non AA member, a dear friend of mine, offered to pick her up and get her the help she needs. He will not be keeping her but he will find her the perfect home when she is ready and well. :) I will get updates.

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
I'm even hesitant to ruin this thread with the sadness of this creature, but here she is. I have not seen her yet.
Omg poor babe! So happy someone will rescue the poor girlie! You have such a precious heart and that is rare. :heart:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
And now my sigh of relief.....

Did your husband come with you? :laugh: I'm sending you to meet some weirdo in the street halfway. :rofl:

He IS weird but great! I promise, great!

2macshan

Strolling the yard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He DID! But not because of the bird man ;)
I've been to this home back in 2002 when I was friends with the daughter of the owner.
It is... a little rough there

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! :omg:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Sarah I hope you will keep us updated on Lenny.

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
GOOD GRIEF!!!!!

Now I see why Sarah sent me the pic, but on the flip phone and my eyes, I could not tell the beak was like that.

I need another phone.