• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescued BG Macaw Lenny ***All Shiny and New*** UPDATE ADOPTED

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I was told that she is living cage free for awhile for a number of reasons. One, I guess her beak got stuck on the carrier wire. :( two, she has a funny toe either from her nail length or a deformation at birth and three, she spent the entire evening flapping her wings in excitement to be out.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
she spent the entire evening flapping her wings in excitement to be out.
That is so sad, but that also make me so happy for her sake.
When I first saw her I was thinking, "I wish I lived closer so I could have rescued her". And I'm not a macaw person at all.
I have rescued three birds before, one died after 1 ½ year (was in bad and unhealthy condition) and the second and third is still alive and having a wonderful life.
To rescue a animal is something special. That is why I love you people that prefer to give an older bird a second chance then to get a baby from a breeder.

I will follow this thread and I will love every post, pics and word about this little girl that finally get her life back! ♥♥♥
Thank you all for helping! :) (please pass this on Sarah to the foster home)

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
The pictures posted by me, I know my friend would be fine with sharing. He is always striving for education and awareness. We will get after shots too. :)
Thank you Dr. Tony would appreciate that. I was at the clinic this afternoon. he and I talked about Lenny. he is surprised that she can eat at all. and asked if she was going in the some clinic to get checked over. I said I thought Niles but was not sure. now I can tell him Niles, for sure.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Thank you Dr. Tony would appreciate that. I was at the clinic this afternoon. he and I talked about Lenny. he is surprised that she can eat at all. and asked if she was going in the some clinic to get checked over. I said I thought Niles but was not sure. now I can tell him Niles, for sure.
I believe Lenny will be seen by Dr. Scott McDonald - known as Dr. Scott to anyone who's met him and has had a bird seen by him. A very loving and caring avian (as well as animal) vet. Scott E. McDonald

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I sent the info to Dr. Tony about Dr. Scott.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Tell Dr. Tony not to worry. We only use the best of the best vets here in WI & IL. ;)

If she needs better, we WILL find it. We spare no expense here. :)

2macshan

Strolling the yard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was told that she is living cage free for awhile for a number of reasons. One, I guess her beak got stuck on the carrier wire. :( two, she has a funny toe either from her nail length or a deformation at birth and three, she spent the entire evening flapping her wings in excitement to be out.
The carrier in my car she purposely hooked her beak into the wire door. She was using that beak as a hooking tool. I watched her do it many times on the way down. I think she has done most of her life with it

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I can't wait to hear how her life changes with it corrected. Imagine being able to preen again, eat again... beak grind when tired. I'm so happy for her.

I just want to love on my BG's today.... Of course they were having no part of my sorrow. ;)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol!

mochiballs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
:crycry:
Those pictures have me in tears. Who would let him get to that state?
I'm so happy he's got you and everyone involved caring for him.
Thank you so much!!!