• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescued a quaker a couple weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolkri

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
Very cute! :) I am kind of surprised he got the all clear from the vet considering his previous bad diet.
I know me too. This bird has surprised me all around. Sweet as can be and healthy. And he took to the new diet like he had been on it all his life. Just wish he liked toys more.

Peacelovepets

Jogging around the block

I know me too. This bird has surprised me all around. Sweet as can be and healthy. And he took to the new diet like he had been on it all his life. Just wish he liked toys more.
Isaac (one of my 2 Quakers) wouldn't play with any toys :confused: until I left for vacation maybe 2 or 3 weeks after I got him and he was separated from Eilley (Was in quarentine, but they could see each other) and then he started playing with his toys and did even after Eilley came back. We asked the vet about it and she said it's instinctual. I think that he also thought that he had to watch out for Eilley. So maybe some instincts involved (just an idea)?

Kolkri

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
I put in a cloth ring and he started chewing on the cloth. Then I attached another chew type toy with puzzle pieces on it and he has started to nibble at it too so moved it into the cage. One weird thing about him. He sleeps on the bottom of the cage. Wonder what that is all about. I was thinking of taking all the toys out and see if he would sleep on a perch if I did. Maybe he is still scared of the toys even though he plays with them....

Status
Not open for further replies.