• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescue Cockatoos

Wonderbird

Meeting neighbors
Anyone who knows I love birds knows that cockatoos are my favorites, but I'm going to wait until I can foster one before I ever decide to adopt one. But for now, I can visit the rescue cockatoos!

Here's some old pictures from a previous visit:

IMG_20171022_153408.jpg

Cadbury is a Medium Sulphur Crested Cockatoo. He has since been adopted, but he was a pretty cool bird!

IMG_20171022_153808.jpg

Sumo is a Moluccan cockatoo. He was very very big as far as Moluccans go! He's also been adopted, and he had quite a personality! When I was giving treats to another bird, he was giving me a look that said "Feed me those treats or I will bite you". I liked him, but I definitely wouldn't have been able to adopt him, as he was a pretty intimidating bird!

IMG_20171022_152901.jpg

Look at those cheek feathers! Tuey is an Umbrella Cockatoo. He's by far the loudest bird at the rescue, so the bird trainers are currently working on lessening his screaming. He's a very playful bird who will also settle down for head scritches. He has not been adopted yet, probably due to his strong personality and his noise level. Whoever adopts him will need to work with him, but otherwise he is a very awesome bird!

Another sulphur-crested cockatoo named Sammy was also there, but I forgot to take pictures of him. Sammy is also still at the rescue, so I'll take pictures of him next visit!

That's all for now, enjoy the pictures! :)

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Very cute! And I commend you for getting 'too experience before getting one. :)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Tuey is being fostered by Phoenix Landing or the Companion Bird Rescue in Pineville?

Love him :)

Reactions: Jas

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman