• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming tiel to an aviary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa678

Checking out the neighborhood
Need advice. I had a pair of Cockatiels that had a baby. The mom died a few years ago and the father died a few months ago at 21. I now have the last one at 12. The parents were hand tamed, but this one is not. I know she is unhappy and lonely now. I called a local bird rescue to see if they can find her another home to live with another bird or a person who has a lot of time to spend with her. They told me since she is not hand tamed, they only option would be to be placed in an aviary. How do you think she will do being put in an aviary with lots of birds? I feel bad for her being lonely, but I do not want to get another bird especially since I have no room for another cage. I don't think sticking a new bird in her cage will go over well. Anyone know about putting a bird who has only lived with 2 other birds in an aviary? Thank you.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I think the rescue is full of beans. I have seen rescue groups do wonders with getting an untamed bird to step up and do other things. They sound like they are passing the buck.

Anyway, I had a pair of tiels who were never handled and I still enjoyed them immensely, they were such little clowns. Not everyone wants a bird that they can hold. Sometimes we just want to sit back and watch.

I bet an elderly person would just love your tiel.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I bet an elderly person would just love your tiel.

Yup and I know just the person but she has retractions on bird size. Sorry. My heart is so open to a cockatiel but my rental lease is not.

Why don't you post the bird here for re home? We have members that love Cockatiels and they can be cued to living with humans.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That was restriction not retraction. Fingers not working.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Where are you located? Maybe we can help you find a place or someone here may be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.