• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming Piper

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:gbh:

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
I'm new to this forum, but your post caught my eye...and heart. Do not beat yourself up. You are being an awesome owner by finding him such a great home! Taking the time to screen people and making sure it's the right 'fit' is something a lot of people don't do. Your post actually is making me teary as I went through something similar when I was younger. It tears your heart apart. {{{HUGS}}}

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
I get that you feel like a failure, and we have all been there at one time or another. But, you are always welcome in the bird world and you could visit often!! I think that the really bad solution would have been putting him in the basement and keeping him covered. We have all heard those horror stories! It sounds like you found a wonderful home! That is the best outcome anyone could hope for.

Hinkismom

Moving in
Real Name
Mary
Things happen that we can't predict that change our circumstances. I think you showed your love for Piper by realizing that you couldn't provide the home he needed anymore, and working so hard to make sure he went to a home where he'd be well provided for and loved as much as you loved him. That's a selfless act, and I applaud you for it.