• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehome bonded pair of parrotlets

Eleven

Moving in
Hi, I am very sad to post this, but also excited for my babies' new potential home.

My wife and I are looking to rehome our two parrotlets. They are bonded to each other, but sleep in separate cages. We are careful to not let them mate, but they have plenty of time to play outside together.

First, here are the details:

• Sex/color: One blue female, and one "diluted turquoise" male (yellow-green)
  • Diet: Mix of pellets and seeds (Volkman Avian Science Super Parrotlet Food), and nuts as treats
  • Behavioral problems or health issues: None
  • Adoption Fee: $200 total for both, including separate cages
  • Willing to ship: No
  • Requirements for potential adopters: Please do not breed them! But must keep them together.

Their personalities and behavior:

The male loves to fly to us, and the female follows him everywhere. They both like to preen my hair and skin, and they're always curious about what I'm doing.

The female is relatively quiet, and the yellow male is quiet 99% of the time too. However, he cries loudly for me every morning around 7am until I change his food cup. And then whenever I leave the room and he can't see me, he sometimes chirps loudly for me then too. But he calms down quickly.

They are both hand-tamed and love to fly to our fingers for treats. They are both highly trainable as they are very enthusiastic for their treats (millet spray & nuts). I'll include some clickers so you can train them more!

Attachments

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I wish you all the best to find the perfect home for these cuties.

@taxidermynerd do you happen to know anyone in the area who would be a good match?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are very cute. So sorry you have to rehome them. I hope that you can find a wonderful new home for them.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I wish you all the best to find the perfect home for these cuties.

@taxidermynerd do you happen to know anyone in the area who would be a good match?
Sorry, I don't know of any local bird enthusiasts in the area, and I'm in no position to take them myself. I'd suggest maybe calling your AV, seeing if they know of anywhere that can help?

I hope you can find a good home for them. My thoughts are with you.

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
They are beautiful! But I am no where near you! Ugh!

jahpan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
@Eleven Ah glad to see you here! I hope you find them homes! I was actually found you initially through craiglist and was intially interested and wanted to meet halfway but I wasn't sure of raising two birds at once. I hope you find someone!!

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I’m so sorry you have to let your beautiful babies go :( I hope you find them a wonderful new home!