• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehab

parrotluv

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
That is good to see. Is she eating well. She needs to be introduced to fresh food if she doesn't already.

parrotluv

Avenue Veteran
Seems like this vet visit gave no useful information on the health of this bird

Iuli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julie
Unfortunately this visit did not... She will be introduced to fresh food after tomorrow. She was only just being adventurous today I don't want to push or overwhelm her

Iuli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julie
She has an open band. We just took her to an avian vet and the vet was much more knowledgeable than the other one we took her too. She feels like the bird could possibly just be really old it might actually be sick. She said there are just so many unknowns with this bird since it has an open band

Iuli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julie
quick inventory:
Flaky skin, molting, sleeping, overgrown beak, missing part of her toe, very lethargic, doesn't even preen her feathers after a bath, smells like wet dog when bathing... I think that's it

Vet gave us antibiotics and calcium supplements. She isn't worried about the bump on her shoulder

Iuli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julie
Of course!!! I was far more satisfied with this vet than the first one we took her to. I'm Glad to be doing something proactive for this bird and knowing a little more about her

parrotluv

Avenue Veteran
Hoping the antibiotics might help if there is infection going on. Poor little thing, does not look well. My want to try to give her formula for ill birds. Not sure the name, Kaytee makes formula one but I think there are other types from other companies.

Iuli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julie
I am deeply sorry to report that peach passed peacefully last night. I can't seem to stop crying. I wish she could've had a longer and happier life.

NeuroticAlpaca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Alexandra
I'm so sorry Iuli! :sadhug2: At least she had the last two weeks with your friend and you taking care of her.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so very sorry :(

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Julie, you know we all have the deepest of sorrow for Peach passing. I do hope you feel the ray of light God shines on you for all your efforts and carrying through with getting her out of the situation she was in. You and Liz were her Angels here on earth who helped her journey have the best ending possible.
Thank you for all you did for her..:sadhug2:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She knew she was loved.

Iuli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julie
I just can't believe Im so emotional over this I knew peach for a week and I just loved her so much more than I knew I guess

Iuli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julie
Thank you for your support guys